Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: olympics

User Info Menu

olympics

what the heck flow ? what channel are the games on ?

User Info Menu

Re: olympics

Try 120. It is CBC Toronto. Checking my guide here at home they start at 7:00pm and run through the night. Although with FLOW you never know.
    Irie Sue

Administrator

User Info Menu

I have not been able to find it... Keep checking the local stations. The other channels, there seems to be copyright issues...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have not been able to find it... Keep checking the local stations. The other channels, there seems to be copyright issues...
    That is weird Rob because there is no problem here at all. Since CBC is available there I am surprised that you can't get it. But so it goes - Flow kept locking out stations when I was there.
    Irie Sue

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's not weird, but kinda the law. Flow is being looked at closely by the international content providers.

For years, Flow was charging for many premium stations while not paying the providers for those services. As a result, they are being closely monitored by the regulatory agencies. If Flow has not paid for the rights to any particular program or event, they cannot show it.

In the end, the customers are the ones who suffer. Flow still charges their same monthly fee regardless of how many shows or events are blocked.

Also note, as with many online video services, the entire Caribbean is blocked as the content providers don't want to deal with each country individually. And since the majority of the Caribbean is Spanish speaking, some of the channels we do get can be quite interesting, with the shows in English but the descriptions and commercials in Spanish.

User Info Menu

yeah no Olympics on our cable TV here......stinks
    but wi did have the SuperBowl......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ha! Flow has changed their Olympics notification to "Watch the 2018 Winter Olympics on SportsMax. Thank you for your continued support"

SportsMax is a premium pay station, so no Olympics for the masses without paying for it!

User Info Menu

Costly and worthless at it again

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave