Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The devil made me do it!

User Info Menu

The devil made me do it!

I opened this bottle at about 1600 and went to bed right after Luciano came on.

It's all Rob, Lisa, Chris, Francine et al's fault.

Actually feel pretty good this morningName:  PB060052.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  47.4 KB
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Isnt that why you brought it back with you, to drink that is! lol
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Good boy rum for breakfast it is then

User Info Menu

you dun good....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I'm not a big overproof rum drinker but when I do drink it I tend to buy JB.....do you find a big difference between Wray & Nephews & JB?....just curious

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    I'm not a big overproof rum drinker but when I do drink it I tend to buy JB.....do you find a big difference between Wray & Nephews & JB?....just curious
    I used to work for Wray and Nephew and was always partial to Overproof. However I've switched to Edwin Charlie's JB when I'm in Jamaica. Overproof is all they sell here in Florida so that's why I was drinking it to celebrate the grand reopening

Besides the Overproof they sell today is a pale shadow of the original.
    Last edited by captaind; 11-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We were drinking some moonshine overproof last march, you cvan also use it to remove paint!lol
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    We were drinking some moonshine overproof last march, you cvan also use it to remove paint!lol
    The original Overproof was exactly what came out of the still at Appleton. It came out at about 185-190 proof (90- 95% by volume) as the alcohol absorbed water it would go to about 170 proof. It has always been medicinal as well as industrial uses.......Yes it removes paint!

The stuff I drank last night was 63% by volume which is 126 proof........mother's milk
    Last edited by captaind; 11-06-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I was told by several peeps that JB does not cause a hangover, so I've always bought that one when buying overproof....we also get the original Joncrow batty from Long Pond factory which is REALLY overproof but I don't know the numbers. I can't really deal with the taste of it unless made into rum punch or some mixer with nuff flavor.