Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Montego bay to Negril for newbies

User Info Menu

Just used Rocky's. Very dependable and professional. Nice equipment,
    and he will meet you with a couple red stripes.

We were two hours late arriving. Rocky was still there with his sign.
    Made several stops to and from Negril. No extra charge.

User Info Menu

I think all of the suggestions so far are easy and dependable. I have taken Clives, Alfreds, and Juta all with no confusion and bookings via internet or email. All easy to find outside--they have signs.

User Info Menu

Juta

I always just use JUTA. It's $18.00 per person each way or $36.00 round trip. You can book ahead of time at jutatoursnegrilltd.com and just print out your receipt, show it at the airport, and that's it.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

can you book Juta for $18 right on the spot if, say, you're private driver does not show up? i am coming in late, and i have someone picking me up .... but just in case ....

User Info Menu

We all have our favorites.. But I cannot recommend Alfred enough! When my wife and I first went to Negril, we booked through Expedia. The booking included a shuttle to Legends.. a bus situation - lots of stops - luggage falling on our heads - not a great experience.. Then we found Alfred.. He treated us like gold! We've been traveling with him ever since. We are riding with him this Saturday! SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TiCtOc View Post
    What is the easiest simplest method of getting a transfer from the airport to Negril?

I know there are the shuttle busses but how easy are these to find?

how do you book or pay

This is for 2 newbies
    actually just use JUTA for airport transfer........ $18US one way per person

you can book this online and reserve it at; http://www.jutatoursnegrilltd.com/co...servations.htm

you walk out into the main lobby after immigrations/customs and they have a station right there.........
    you tell them who you are and pay them..........then they'll direct you to a van/bus that takes you to Negril........
    they usually wait till they have a least three people before they leave the airport...........
    they'll make one stop for beer and bathrooms etc.......and then drop off people when they reach Negril..........

mi have used Clives for years because they stop wherever you ask them........
    like Biggas, KFC, Cambios, HiLo or anywhere you wish.......
    nuttin like having your J's, snacks, rum and beer in your room the first hour you are der.....
    now Clives charge $30US one way so mi have to decide if it's worth the extra $12 for that extra service.....
    think if mi wanting to get Negril quick......which is usual for this guy..........mi goin with Clives

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    can you book Juta for $18 right on the spot if, say, you're private driver does not show up? i am coming in late, and i have someone picking me up .... but just in case ....
    JUTA usually charges you $20 one way right at their station in the lobby if you forgot to reserve online or didn't do it online beforehand...
    you can always reserve it online and then not use the service if your driver shows.......
    it will save you $2 bucks if you decide to use JUTA cause of no driver........
    mi used JUTA for about twenty years without any problems before I changed to Clives ten years ago.........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Me too Marko.

Started with Juta for many moons.
    Those drivers with juta were pretty cool.

The first time a guy from Juta grabbed my suitcase, said follow me, then he wanted a tip when we were at the bus.

"Dude, i could have done that myself," but he grabbed the suitcase too quick for me, so I followed and paid the tip.

I used Juta many times, can't remember what made me change over to Clives, but I did.

Now i go with Clives and his crew all the time. (free drink with Clives)

Hmmmm, I may go back to Juta if the $30.00 starts to hurt my wallet.
    Last edited by Markospoon; 11-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.

User Info Menu

I am with Juta again after Clives, Alfreds, etc. No fuss no wait--and yes warning to the new--do not let them grab your bags-- hang on to them unless you want to tip someone to drag them 50 feet to a van. Have never relinquished my suitcases yet, even when I have had two plus snorkeling gear. Me fine, mon.

User Info Menu

Juta negril for $20US you can go to the website