Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Coming Back

User Info Menu

Coming Back

Hello all have only posted on here once before. This will be our fifth trip to Jamaica but really our second to Negril. Two years ago we had a AI planned for Montego and to see what it was like on the other side I extended the vacation by three days and came to Negril. My wife Grace and I immediatley fell for it and insisted the AI days were over. It was a short trip for the two full days we were there but was able to get some things in. Satyed on the beach at Country Country and was able to do a web cast from Aqua, what a riot.
    Well we have finally done it and have booked airfare for late February for 11 nights.

Now the questions for you all. We are pretty much set to stay at Home Sweet Home in the Sunset Suite. Last time there we were in in the cliff area for about an hour so it will be a new experience for us. Questions are if we want to go to the beach is it walkable from HSH or how much for transportation to the beach. Are there restaurants within walking distance from HSH. We do not need elegant in fact one of our favorite places last time was 24/7 ( I know I will not bring that up again.)
    Also figured we would join the one love bus bar crawl to get an idea of the different bars in the area at one time. It will also be nice to see Rob and Lisa again we were only able to meet them at Aqua last time. Also hope to get to some of the other webcasts so we can meet some of you. I ahve reading this forum for a while but finally decided to come out of the shell. Thanks for any input
    Nick

User Info Menu

We stayed at HSH a couple of years ago and walked to the beach one day,its a pretty long walk.I would grab a route taxi for 4 or 5 bcuks and enjoy the ride to the beach.HSH has a restaurant on premise and there is also a little restaurant right across the street from them,we ate jerk chicken and had cold Red Stripes there one afternoon and it was very good.There are also many little restaurants as you walk up further into the cliffs or if you go the other way towards the beach you will run into Canoe bar,awesome people ,food and drinks.Enjoy your trip!!!

User Info Menu

vikman, how was Country country? I am booked there this month (hummm... If it was not so good, lie to me ) I just cant do AI's or "stay in the resort" types

User Info Menu

We just loved Country Country. The food and staff were great.The rooms were nice and had a feeling of seclusion. Hung out on the porch and chilled late at night and the beach was just steps from the room. Just decided to try the Cliffs this time. Hope we are not making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by livlvlife View Post
    vikman, how was Country country? I am booked there this month (hummm... If it was not so good, lie to me ) I just cant do AI's or "stay in the resort" types