Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whatsapp

User Info Menu

Whatsapp

Just a question about whatsapp. When you use it to call can you be sure the call is not going thru the local network? These can be very expensive overseas call so I want to be sure. Also when a call is made to you using the app will it only go thru the app?

User Info Menu

Re: Whatsapp

Good questions,
    I used it.
    Straight from my phone to my J-friend.
    From my J friend to me.
    I was told it is the cheapest (on a phone) way to communicate for Jamaicans.
    No extra charge for me.

I used it about 3-4 times everyday for 5-6 months.
    Back and forth, photos, text and voice messages.

I hope others will chime in .

User Info Menu

I use it in JA when I have Wi-Fi. I always have my smartphone on airplane mode while in JA. That way your phone will not be charged for anything. Hope this helps some.

User Info Menu

I agree with NegrilAddict.....I use it in a Wifi area and it is free....currently my daughter is stationed in IRAQ and we call and video chat all the time on that app and hasn't cost either of us a dime.

User Info Menu

Kmolineux
    Tell your daughter she should try a little Negril sand between her toes instead. I would like to thank her for her service. I'm sure you're very proud.

User Info Menu

its wifi calling app so you keep your phone in airplane mode and use wifi at the hotel or restaurant to make call.. have used it in JA and the US ... it's all wifi

eta.... like negriladdict said! haha, sorry!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Thanks that was good info

User Info Menu

Keep phone in airplane mode, Turn on wifi and connect to a network then use What's Apps to call or video call to anybody who has Whats App (the people you call have to have What's App). I use it all the time when in Jamaica and using it now to call my parent while they are on a cruise in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

User Info Menu

We always use it while in Jamaica. didn't use to turn my phone on but now I have an mother that isn't well. we also have a good friend in Jamaica that we talk to several times a week. never any charges.

User Info Menu

do you have to have wifi to use whatsapp?