Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: A Tale of Two Seasons

User Info Menu

Re: A Tale of Two Seasons

Maralunatic, I can’t thank you enough for sharing your Portland visit with us by way of this awesome trip report. I know how emotionally stimulating writing them can be. I also appreciated how you ventured into places I’ve not been before. You go girl in your cute little sundresses!!

I go to Portland 3x a year and usually do a split every other year. This summer I will do a Portland/Negril split. I guess for the same reasons as you. However, I can only take Negril in small doses and prefer the chill vibe of Portland which is why I don’t go every year. Plus I know where the parties are in Portland so I get my energy fix as well.

Now for Ocho Rios, you are not alone with your feelings. I have said many many times that me and Ochi don’t get along at all. Each time I stayed over I end up being harassed into a rage or encountering some other unpleasant incident while walking from one point to another. Now I just prepare myself for the long ride. This summer it will be a six hour journey and I’ll do it with a smile.

But you and Mr. Lunatic do whatever brings you contentment and joy whether it be Portland or Negril or both…lol…just don’t stop going to Jamaica and posting trip reports like this one.

User Info Menu

Many thanks to Vi for all the information you shared with me and so many others!
    Reading your trip reports were a big reason we decided to get off the beaten track and hit the East side of the island.
    Until we go back, I'll just have to read everyone else's and be the green-eyed monster!
    Vi, you're a lucky girl to be able to go 3x a year! One day we'll meet up for drinks and dinner..I'll be your wingman!

User Info Menu

Maralunatic, I'm glad my bits of tips and suggestions helped you plan your visit, but it was your and your husband's love for Jamaica combined with what Portland provides that ensured you had a memorable time. And YES if we are ever there at the same time, then drinks are on me.

User Info Menu

Are we gonna argue about paying for drinks? LOL!

User Info Menu

Nope...I claimed that honor in Post #73!!!! Besides, I would break your beverage budget lol

User Info Menu

But just think of the fun we would have doing that!

User Info Menu

maralunatic: enjoyed the whole narrative! my fav parish.