Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Two Seasons

User Info Menu

A Tale of Two Seasons

Vacationing in the winter as a Minnesotan always involves two emotions: anticipation and anxiety.

The anticipation part goes without saying. Of course you're dreaming about the sandy beaches, ocean waves, cold Red Stripes and warm weather. Weather..WEATHER, OMG are we going to have a snow storm before we leave??
    What if we can't make the 2 1/2 hour drive to the airport?
    What if our flight is cancelled?
    Yup, there's the anxiety part.

Well, we did have a snowstorm and our 2 1/2 hour drive turned into 3 1/2 hours. Getting up at 2:00 am and being on the road by 3 is not my idea of a picnic.

My mind always goes to the worrying place on the trip down. What am I forgetting?
    Passports? Check
    Money? Check
    Luggage? Check
    Hmmm.. maybe I'm good this time...hmm. Crap. I forgot my jean jacket. No way an I wearing my big winter coat, and of course I have a sundress on. Which by the way looks pretty snazzy with the winter boots.
    Hey, maybe I can steal Mr. Lunatics coat.
    Okay, practice the sad expression and the puppy dog eyes.

Finally make it to the airport, check in and we're told we're preapproved for security. Really? Apparently you don't really know us!

Bloody Mary's for breakfast and then to the gate.

User Info Menu

Re: A Tale of Two Seasons

Apparently our plane has decided to sleep in since it's not at the gate. I wish I could have slept in also.
    A delay of one hour. *sigh* Should have had another Bloody Mary.
    Finally able to board, and just as we were about to step into the plane we hear
    "Excuse me, do you mind waiting so the mechanic can go first?"
    WHAT??
    Why is there a mechanic going onto the plane and shouldn't he be looking at the engines and stuff?
    Finally touch down in MoBay and through customs fast. Out the door and we take our first breath of the unique smell that is Jamaica to me....gas fumes, salt air, jerk and ganja.
    We're taking the Knutsford Express to Port Antonio and they have a new office right at the airport, drop our bags off and grab some Red Stripes.
    *sigh* I'm in my happy place
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180223_152242.jpg 
Views:	2719 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	50786

User Info Menu

GREAT start Maralunatic!!!!! This is gonna be an epic report...I can feel it. Yes that first smell of Jamaica is all the "welcome" greeting I need. Thank you soooo much for posting. Just what I need on this day full of ice, cold falling snow!!! URGH! Please keep it coming.

User Info Menu

Thanks *Vi*
    I'll keep posting as much as my work schedule will allow and yes it was interesting as all get out.

Does anybody know why my picture shows up sideways?

User Info Menu

We decide to have a few more Red Stripes, and then head over to catch the bus only to be informed that "the 5:00 bus will be delayed for one hour"

Noooooooo.....

Luckily the buzz from the beer keeps me happy.

I wish we could have enjoyed the scenery on the way to Port Antonio, but tiredness and the fact that it was dark ensured I napped on the way. We finally pulled into PA at 10:30 at night, grabbed a taxi and FINALLY arrived at Tim Bamboo. Thank God someone was still at the desk so we could check in. Needless to say, after traveling for so long it was right to bed, and looking forward to our first day on this side of the island.

User Info Menu

So excited to hear yours!! My short trip was PHENOMENAL thanks to VI. Keep it coming !!

User Info Menu

Maralunatic, I hear you on the lonnnnnnng day of traveling. That's why whenever possible I fly into Kingston. Cuts out a little over 2 hours of traveling time. I hope that bed was super comfortable for you and Mr. Lunatic. Yes, keep it coming!!!

Really Vacatonlovaa??? Phenomenal?!?! Great to hear! So that means you'll treat us to a phenomenal trip report...pleeeeease!!!!

User Info Menu

*VI* the bed was super comfy!

Yeah, Vacationlovaa, let's see your trip report!!! Please! I'll keep plugging away at mine also.

User Info Menu

I totally Would do one but i left My phone on the knutsford express so i literally Have about 3 pictures from our jam packed day there 😢 still trying to convince my bf to take me back in September. I do Have an amazing review about San Sky BnB!

@maralunatic were you guys able to leave your luggage at the knutsford station ?! I always fly in MBJ because it’s 2hrs vs 6hr flight with stops to Norman but my flight usually arrives 1230 so about 115 after customs just wanted to get some lunch at scotchies before the long ride. Is it possible?

User Info Menu

Vacationlovaa, in answer to your question, I have left my luggage at the office many times. Once you check-in, your bags are tagged and put to the side. I usually go to Pier ! until it's time to leave.

So sorry about leaving your phone. Did you contact them to see if it were found?