Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Reggae Sumfest July 15th-22nd!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Reggae Sumfest July 15th-22nd!!!

To find out more please click on the link below!

https://negril.com/nt/nt020418.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Reggae Sumfest July 15th-22nd!!!

Greetings Rob, first, thanks very much for the notice about Sumfest. I'm going July 21st. I read some comments on FB about chairs for $20-30 dollars.

1. Is this correct, and if so, what type of chairs are they?
    2. Can I bring take my own collapsible chair in?

If anyone else has been, can you tell me what to expect?

User Info Menu

Hi Jdub,

You can bring your own chair. We do. We have chairs specifically for the live shows as they go until 7/8/9am and we get there between 10 or 11pm the night before. I brought them over in a box, but if you do that be prepared to go through the declare line. There are vendors selling chairs both inside and outside the venue. Most of the chairs are around $2000 and are what I can only describe as the $5 camping chairs (they fold up into a bag) from Walmart. They, to me, are meant for a child/teenage or smaller adult. There are a few vendors on the inside that are selling a more substantial chair which range from $3000 to $5000.

Not sure if you like to be closer to the stage or not, but if so, get the VIP tickets. If you decide to go with general admission, I would suggest setting up on the outer edge of the crowd/grass as it can be a pain getting through the crowd to the bathrooms, going for food or a drink. Pick a spot you can easily identify like a sign post or light post because it is easy to loose track of your spot coming back through the crowd. Same in the VIP area. Set up against or close to the back fence as it can get crowded in there (especially on Dancehall night!).

I bring a towel or small blanket (just in case the temp drops a wee bit or it rains) and remember that even if it rains, the show goes on. In that case, there will be vendors with umbrellas and they run around $1000. Sumfest and Dream both are during the rainy season....

We have a great time every year, going to the sound clash, dancehall night, and then reggae night. Good Times,

T
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

Hi Cali, thanks so much for the reply. I was hoping that someone who actually attended would respond. Thanks for the great insight, much appreciated.