Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Beach closed???

User Info Menu

Although roots or alfreds may have had more well known acts over the years,
    I have actually never seen a well known act at either of those places and every trip I have taken I go to all of the beach bars.
    I know they have had acts there as I have heard about it or saw photographs it is just nobody has ever performed every trip I have taken there whereas I could always rely on Bourbon beach for at least one usually 2 parties a week with a well known act thrown in.
    I will be sad to see it go.
    I enjoy roots bamboo and Alfreds I just never had the opportunity to see a well known act there.Perhaps they have a schedule for certain months and I do not know about it

User Info Menu

I hope this is just due to slow season, My hubby and I will both be very dissapointed as this is one of our main stops for spicy jerk chicken. Tictoc, I saw a calander on one of the Jamaican tourist boards that shows a calander of events and Alfreds listed a show in late December. It is a calander of events for all of Negrils restaurants/bars just not sure how accurate they are. I will try to post back with the name.
    ]

User Info Menu

Ok Tictoc, I found this site while looking for the menu For Bar B Barn, if you scrol down to the very bottom, it will give you a calandar of events. The site is Negril Jamaica Tourist Vidia.
    ]

User Info Menu

I guess it is sort of hit or miss with shows and artists. I have gone to Bourbon Beach for headliners who didn't show and after hours of being told by an emcee that they were on the way, remained no shows. Nonetheless I have had some fun evenings (sans big artists) there and I do love their jerk chicken.

User Info Menu

Hey Alisa that was thoughtful of you to post the event list thanks but I already know the party schedule

I LOVE the party schedule

I am usually found at every one.
    I was meaning seeing a well known/famous act The parties are always there but sometimes the big acts are not ,
    that is what I meant sorry.

I am not even worried about it now I am just going to chill at The seastar Inn and see what happens.

I know they have not built that stage for nothing

User Info Menu

i would think there are going to be more places shutting down than opening in the near future, sadly, as business has been generally slow since the economic downturn in 08 ... of course, for the tourists, there are some amazing deals out there, so it's a case of get it while it's hot.

I liked Bourbon Beach, been there many times, and I hope it comes back soon as possible. that said the chicken was SPICY SPICY SPICY!!!!!

User Info Menu

How about Reggae Sting 2011?
    Its not in Negril of course, but it is always one of the biggest reggae shows around, always the day after Christmas....
    Maybe you could make your way to that Tic....just throwing it out there as an option!

User Info Menu

Went by Bourbon Beach a few times last week while staying at BBB. No chicken. I hope it is just temporary....

User Info Menu

OMG
    DeBus was rocking
    Best jerk chicken
    Best vibes
    Yellow Man was scheduled on a November night about 15 years ago. The music played the place was filled with paying customers. About 2:30 am the music stopped and the crowd wandered off. I spyed YellowMan passed out in the drivers seat of a Toyota pickup as I made my way out passed the Bus.
    Wild.
    Only in Negril!!!!

User Info Menu

Well Sting was going to be a last resort for me as it is further out and would require a car and a nanny.
    But now Vybz kartel and Buju are locked up they were the ones I would have liked to see and a number of others have said no they are not performing this year.
    I will sit back and wait nice and patiently and hope for the best!