Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Beach closed???

User Info Menu

I have to say the parties were great at bourbon beach but the drinks service was NOT the rum punches were not very nicely mixed never very cold and always the most expensive on the beach.But I could deal with it if a reggae icon was there! I enjoyed the food.

User Info Menu

DeBus was a great place to visit during the older times and I thought it was well-managed and a vibrant environment.

When Bourbon Beach took over it seemed (at least to me) to go steadlly down hill. We had a thread awhile back where some (including me) alluded to the changing vibe and the quality of the service and the general environment surrounding the property. I have known about some questionable goings on there for a few years as I was personally familiar with the owner and some of his friends.

Places that allow "questionable locals" to supervise the runnings don't take too long before they drive away the real clientele who make a business profitable. You can't just live off the seasoned tourist who has little trouble in dealing with aggressive types, poor service and alike. You need to attract new business and to make regulars out of newbies. This is where, in my opinion, Bourbon Beach started to lose its footing and reputation until now it goes by the way of several other businesses in Negril. Perhaps a new owner with new "friends" will make a difference but if you continue to do business like the previous owner; it too will go away in time.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I hope there is some jerked chicken and music when I get there in January What a disappointment!

User Info Menu

Sunray your friend is right. We are here right now, it's quiet, one of their slowest Novemebers and begging is severe.

Two young guys from New York were mugged at knife point on the beach on Sunday night. Admittedly they were naive to walk on the beach at night and carry much of their holiday money. They had just flown in and were perhaps excited to have arrived.

They walked from Idle Away past the craft market and were mugged at knifepoint in that area around Rooms on the Beach which seems to attract a lot of agresive hustling who hang around all day.

Three men approached them, held knives to their throat and the guys valued their lives so handed over their wallets and passorts.

They reported it to the police, so far they have not found these thugs.

But yes things have gotten more aggressive in Negril, more desperate, and they are turning their anger on the tourists which is ridiculous because if we decide to not return to Negril they are the ones who will suffer.

Yes Bourbon Beach has closed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crystalwaters View Post
    Sunray your friend is right. We are here right now, it's quiet, one of their slowest Novemebers and begging is severe.

Two young guys from New York were mugged at knife point on the beach on Sunday night. Admittedly they were naive to walk on the beach at night and carry much of their holiday money. They had just flown in and were perhaps excited to have arrived.

They walked from Idle Away past the craft market and were mugged at knifepoint in that area around Rooms on the Beach which seems to attract a lot of agresive hustling who hang around all day.

Three men approached them, held knives to their throat and the guys valued their lives so handed over their wallets and passorts.

They reported it to the police, so far they have not found these thugs.

But yes things have gotten more aggressive in Negril, more desperate, and they are turning their anger on the tourists which is ridiculous because if we decide to not return to Negril they are the ones who will suffer.

Yes Bourbon Beach has closed.
    This is interesting...we're finding early November to be busier than usual...quite a few vendors have been making the same comments to us...though they may not make these comments to a potential sale.

As far as the unfortunate incident on the beach...it's good common sense advice to not carry more money than you're planning to use that night...nor should you be carrying your passports as they serve no purpose in the evening.

I don't ever want to diminish an unfortunate incident...but when things don't seem to add up, you question the validity of the story. False claims of similar incidents are much more common than many people think. As someone living down here...it's shocked me how common these false claims are & when I hear these stories it always make me wonder what's really going on!
    Last edited by Bnewb; 11-09-2011 at 09:28 AM.

User Info Menu

RE: Successful shows at BB

Im pretty sure the Vybz Kartel show at BB for Valentines Day 2010 was a success, which wasnt sooooo long ago.

User Info Menu

Bummer that Bourbon Beach has closed. Loved their chicken, but I agree the vibe hasn't been good there.

I wish something would be done about the guys next to Rooms. It wouldn't surprise me if that story was true. There have been problems there for years.

User Info Menu

ok.........then who has the hottest chicken on the beach now that BB closed?

User Info Menu

All inclusive options

In trying to help someone figure out a trip

what would you do in this situation>

They want a room only price plus all inclusive

but then I know they will not be happy with no food or having to go in search of food in the morning so bed and breakfast at a minimum is required in my opinion.

What I have found so far is:

Room only for two weeks at footprints on the sand for
    £650 including flight and hotel transfers are $20pp each way but this is ROOM ONLY no food at all also no swimming pool or entertainment but nice area of beach

Then there are a couple of places like samsara or fun holiday beach resort and similar properties charging around :
    £800 for bed and breakfast.

For all inclusive I have found fun holiday beach resort to be the lowest priced at around
    £1100 everything included.

But fun holiday beach resort only has one buffet and not really any entertainment so for:

£1395 they can get the Riu or special offers at Sandals with 5* and as many dining options pools and a full daily entertainment schedule.

I also looked at my favourite place The Seastar Inn but that would have to be booked seperately airfare is £550 then transfers and their room rate is $100 per night bed and breakfast and their all inclusive price would bring it to a total of
    £1340

There is a big jump in price from the room only and the all inclusive options butwould you say it is worth all the extra money to be stuck at the riu or further up the beach away from places they would like to see?

I think fun holiday beach resort is offering a good deal but when you look at the facilities on offer from the 5* resorts I priced up you do get a lot more facilities for your money

What would you choose?

Are there any other options I have not looked at?

What is happening with merrills these days?

This was based on 12th - 26th December

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TiCtOc View Post
    Are there any other options I have not looked at?

What is happening with merrills these days?

This was based on 12th - 26th December
    we really like staying Country Country on the beach which includes a great breakfast of your choice from the menu - check out prices on negrilonestop.com