Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Beach closed???

User Info Menu

Bourbon Beach closed???

My good friend just returned from a ten day vacation in Negril. He told me that Bourbon Beach is closed. Does anyone know if this is a temporary low season closure, or is something else going on, like redevelopment of the property?
    Over the years I have enjoyed the super spicy jerk chicken they make. I have fond memories of the many shows I enjoyed at the place when it was called de Bus, and then Bourbon Beach.
    My friend reported the begging was the worst he had experienced in all his trips, both in number of times being approached, and in aggressiveness. Hopefully it is a function of the slow season and rainy November.

User Info Menu

hope it's temporary

i hit bourban baech one time each trip. i still think it's the best for jerk chicken. it does seem like business has been bad though last few years.

User Info Menu

It's nothing to do with season...but changes seem to be happening....nothing more than rumor at this point.

User Info Menu

oh no not another concert venue on shaky grounds or closed

User Info Menu

They were not open a few weeks ago when I was there. No shows either much to my disappointment. Their chicken does rock!

User Info Menu

Here's to hpin' they're open by Saturday, I was really lookin' forward to an evening there
    improvise & overcome

User Info Menu

it never really got any tracton after they moved next door from De Bus....Ms joy was really the driving force behind the great entertainment...Rocky has never been replaced in the Jerk pit and the passing of John finished it off Jimmy never got it off the ground...It has never had the vibe in the last 6 or 7 years or really any succesful shows for that matter...
    BE A TRAVELR

User Info Menu

Depends on what you call successful,
    Many shows were successful from the tourists point of view they had some quite big well known performers there and I was lucky enough to catch a few and I have heard of others that have loved shows there and seen the photographs
    With no negril escape and no bourbon beach this would only leave the jungle or seastar to be able to see great performers.
    Unless alfreds or roots bamboo put something on
    Makes me very sad.I have saved for ages for this trip , the longest one yet and the most expensive and I based my holiday in Negril for pretty much my whole stay to see the shows.
    Does not even look like there are going to be many if any, I hope someone releases something/anything soon I am beginning to think I made a WRONG decision.

User Info Menu

I agree with BRMon - that place was always jumping when it was DeBuss. But I've seen some great shows there after the change over - Mighty Diamonds is what comes to my mind first...

TiC - I'll take a show at Alfreds or Roots Bamboo any day of the week. If indeed Bourbon Beach is closed it won't put a dent in live music venues at all. As a matter of fact, I do believe Alfreds and Roots have hosted a good deal more "well known" acts in the past several years than Bourbon Beach.

User Info Menu

I am not saying that there have not been some good shows but they are hit and miss....I am talking about a place that you could hang all day, great vibe, great music, great crowd and almost guarantee that one of the weekly shows would be over the top with way over half the audience being locals and everybody having a great time...Jimmy was the only family member left and he never was able to make it happen. the place now has a very hard feel to it with all the concrete....
    BE A TRAVELR