Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snorkeling Photos

User Info Menu

Snorkeling Photos

A few shots from several early morning snorkeling last week.
    The resting ray was about 3' wide and 6' long.
    The swimming ray was larger. I est about 5' wide. Photo was taken from a video and he's a much faster swimmer than me so I feel lucky to have any video.
    Graceful creatures gliding through the sea.
    Ya Mon!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Info Menu

Re: Snorkeling Photos

Thanks for those photos.

I'm jealous!

User Info Menu

Sweet pictures!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Great shots! What were all those sergeant majors gathering around?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Great shots! What were all those sergeant majors gathering around?
    Had to be feeding them, no way they stay that close otherwise. Hopefully it wasn't bread, or cheez whiz, or any of the other crap that people take to feed the fish. Should only feed them cooked white rice, coconut, banana, or fish food... if you must feed them. We are snorkel/freedive fanatics, and have never once fed fish in the ocean. It isn't good for them, and we want to see them in a natural state. Wish everyone felt the same.

User Info Menu

wow great pics!

We are staying at the Samsara and Royalton the second week of April. I have read that Samsara has decent snorkeling off the cliffs, hopefully we see stuff like that!

User Info Menu

You'll see plenty of that around Samsara, and more. It's not what I'd call "great" snorkeling, but certainly decent. It's just been heavily over-fished for a long time (all of JA).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Had to be feeding them, no way they stay that close otherwise. Hopefully it wasn't bread, or cheez whiz, or any of the other crap that people take to feed the fish. Should only feed them cooked white rice, coconut, banana, or fish food... if you must feed them. We are snorkel/freedive fanatics, and have never once fed fish in the ocean. It isn't good for them, and we want to see them in a natural state. Wish everyone felt the same.
    The boat captain was tossing something into the water to attract them. Not sure what it was. Hopefully not bread, etc.
    We've only snorkeled in Negril at the reef towards Booby Cay, Orange Bay and Half Moon Bay prior to Calico Jacks being built. We typically see something unique to us.

User Info Menu

Negril is decent for sure. But once you snorkel/dive a healthy reef system it's hard to call Negril "great" in that regard. That said, we still enjoy it.

User Info Menu

Fabulous photos. Thank you. I wish my camera was waterproof.
    Irie Sue