Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Likkle Tips that Make YOUR Trips Great!

User Info Menu

Is it just me , or is anyone else wonder what happens to all those $1 U.S. bills are? Is there a government conspiracy! lol Where do they all go?
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Out of my pocket, and into theirs! Which is fine by me........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cinnni View Post
    i have some called monkey butt and it worked great this year!!

monkey butt!!!!! too funny!
    Lol

User Info Menu

Currency converter: print one off fromt the internet, there are lots there, and they can be printed "pocket size". Nice to have when shopping, out to dinner, just gives a rough idea of conversion and I don't have to think one likkle bit

Yahoo currency converter
    Pocket Guide for 8 November 2011
    Canadian Dollar (CAD)
    CAD C$ 1 C$ 5 C$ 10 C$ 50 C$ 100 C$ 250 C$ 500
    JMD $ 84.85 $ 424.25 $ 848.5 $ 4242.52 $ 8485.03 $ 21212.58 $ 42425.17

Jamaican Dollar (JMD)
    JMD $ 100 $ 250 $ 500 $ 1000 $ 5000 $ 10000 $ 25000
    CAD C$ 1.18 C$ 2.95 C$ 5.89 C$ 11.79 C$ 58.93 C$ 117.85 C$ 294.64

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, forgot to add...I always use JA dollars, I use the converter to know what I am actually spending once converted to Canadian dollars. I have always been mathematically challenged and add that to alcohol challenged...me can't manage!!

User Info Menu

Depending on where you are staying and your tolerance level for noise, I always pack EARPLUGS!
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Scan your passport and email a copy of it to yourself. If you lose your passport, the copy is as close as an internet connection

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brasi View Post
    Tip#2
    Pack a pair of shorts, underwear, and fresh tee shirt in your carry on bag. If you lose your luggage, you will have at least one fresh outfit to change into until your bags arrive at your location in Jamaica.
    I also make sure to have a bathing suit, cover-up (doubles as a dress), and flip-flops in my carry on.

My other tip:
    I still like American Express traveller's cheques and find changing them at a cambio to be easy and quick when there isn't a long line. I just like the peace of mind that comes with knowing they can be replaced if lost or stolen. Not sure if Amex would be able to get new ones to me in JA very quickly, but I take an ATM card and credit card as backup and keep those separate from the cheques. My bank still offers the cheques free with my checking account, although the last couple of times I've purchased them, the teller had to get some help from a manager because they hardly ever sell them anymore.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeannieb View Post
    Are we the only one who don't take US 1's? We pay almost everything in JA $.
    US$1s are a lot more useful in Negril than they are in Treasure Beach (or lots of other areas that have fewer US tourists). In TB some folks look at me like I have two heads if I pull out US$, even just $1s. People there can't change them back to J$ as easily as people in Negril can - no cambios in TB so a hassle to deal with.

User Info Menu

This should be number one on everyone's list i've seen to many cases where parents and other family members have had to find the money from some where to get loved ones home it costs £50,000 from Europe so times that by ten for, from Negril, and don't say it won't happen, i see 2 flights a week bringing people back

7. MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE. I can't stress this enough. A bad ski accident in Switzerland and a bad car crash on Nevis have taught me the value of being able to be repatriated to a US hospital in your hometown at no expense. I suggest looking for a policy that includes repatriation to your hometown rather than the nearest US medical facility. MedJetAssist is my personal choice...

just on word on ATM cards check with your bank if they charge an overseas trans fee, if they do find a bank that doesn't and set up an account just for your trip, the account i use on holiday is not linked to the account my wages go into, i pay around 10% of my wages into each month, so far not needed to use it but its there if needed in Negril or at home
    Last edited by airportworker; 11-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.