Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: October visit

User Info Menu

October visit

We usually go to Negril in Feb/March, but this year we went to Port Antonio. It was beautiful and relaxing and we loved it, but kind of felt like we were cheating on Negril.
    I'm trying to talk Mr. Lunatic into a visit this fall and October seems like the most do-able for us. We've never been there at that time of year, so I'm hoping this board can help us out with a few answers.
    Are most places open, or do some close for certain months?
    Is it rainy or just rain in the am or pm?
    Is that still hurricane season?
    Gotta do my best to convince him!

User Info Menu

Re: October visit

Sometimes it rains...sometimes it doesn't

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

It's definitely more quiet...but also can be very relaxing and peaceful.
    A few businesses close in October but there's more than enough open to keep you fed and entertained.
    October is part of rainy season...so if you're looking for a constantly sunny sky...it may not happen. Some years we've had lots of rain and other years...not so much or none at all.
    Thinking about it...I find the vibe similar to Port Antonio at that time of year.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Bnewb!��

User Info Menu

I've traveled to Negril the last week in October the last 18 years. Yes, it is slower, which is great for our little posse. Sometimes it rains for a few minutes, other times for a few hours. We were there in 2012 when Hurricane Sandy hit Kingston, but in Negril, we were playing dominoes outside at the bar at Footeprints. If places had been closed for the summer, they seemed to be open when we arrived in October. Since I've been going there, I haven't experienced any places closed that I visit each time. This year, I'll be there in July, and expect much of the same. As I said, this has been MY experience only, and hopefully others will share their experiences, not what they've heard from others or rumors. I think you should go! For me, anytime in Negril is a great time.

Dr. J