Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Half day west end crawl recommendations?

User Info Menu

Half day west end crawl recommendations?

Hello Beach-lovers and friends. I want to get some input to go along with all the reading I have done about Negril. Firstly I want to thank everyone in advance as this forum has been a wealth of information and is going to help me maximize our short trip this week. I want to get suggestions of some "not to miss" but lesser know places around the cliffs and west end. Places like Sir D's and others I have read about. I don't want to do the bus thing. Less interested in Ricks, other than a drive-by. Additionally other than me asking for your best kept secrets, please suggest who I could employ as a private driver for this 1/2 day plan. Thinking of a 2-10 pm kind of thing and I would want my driver to hang with us for convenience and security. We have reservations at Ivans on Sunday so this would be my preferred day if that matters.

So where should we go?

Who would you recommend to take us?

And lastly how much should I expect to pay for such service?

Thanks again to all.

Mavrik

User Info Menu

Re: Half day west end crawl recommendations?

Somewhere West is way out, I would start there and work your way back. It's a beautiful relaxing place. Definitely stop at Xtabi a beautiful place to chill, and do a little jumping if it's super hot.
    As you mentioned, Sir D's is the spot to watch the sunset. I would of recommended Chicken lavish for dinner, but looks like you have that set.
    If you haven't booked a driver for this, I can totally recommend my drive r/ close friend for 6 years, Dwayne. Dwayne is well known among the boardies, and is very active with the activities
    during the boardie bash week. He is personable, friendly, and real easy to be around. He will take cate of your every need, let me know if you want info. You will indeed get a great price as well !

User Info Menu

Lottsa choices ...
    We start @ Canoe & walk ...usually finish @ Sir D's for Sunset
    There really isn't any hard or fast rules ( that's the beauty of just doing it yourself )
    just a day of aimless wandering - never employed a driver as we don't want to be tied to ANY schedule
    ( plus the cost of a driver for 8 hours - might be $$ )
    If you want a route taxi to take you to the next stop ...go for it

User Info Menu

While during the day there's nothing wrong with meandering around the West End, but hiring someone for the evening is a great idea.

Any of the drivers listed in the transport section of Negril.com https://negril.com/transport/ are completely vetted and would know the unique, hidden places you're looking for...someone like Champion who grew up in the West End or Kingsley and Island Turf Tours who specialize in the area can provide a more intimate experience...

Check out No Limit Bar, Pee Wees, Natural Mystic, Sandra's, 3 Dives, Horizon West, Qualitys Sea Breeze, Sunset Bar...all Jamaican owned places if you're looking for an authentic Jamaican vibe...

User Info Menu

Thank you so much for your input. All are welcome. There are so many choices that I need to narrow it down a bit. This helps tremendously. I will inquire through the transport page to those you mentioned and see if I can get an reservation and a rate. Using the driver as a guide is another benefit. Yes I may stop by Ricks for a photo op but the I am wanting a more laid back experience. Other than the bar scene any other, more scenic destinations within this route. For instance is the hummingbird garden worthwhile or maybe a garden of another variety for a few pics The Lighthouse is another example of something unique. A short hike for a good view or a hidden spring. Natural man.
    Last edited by MAVRIK; 04-03-2018 at 09:49 AM.

User Info Menu

For beautiful gardens & wonderful people...check out Just Natural which is located near Barney's Hummingbird Garden.
    You may be interested in heading towards Little Bay/Orange Hill area...about 20 min drive from Negril...where you'll find hidden springs, Blue Holes etc.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-03-2018 at 10:13 AM.

User Info Menu

WOW, now that looks to be a rustic experience in the jungle. Totally what I meant. Love it. Many thanks.

User Info Menu

We really like Ltu Pub. The view is amazing and good grub.

User Info Menu

Thanks again to all. Got a plan, got a driver, found lots of new ideas, flying down tomorrow. Can't wait!