Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip help! September reach :)

User Info Menu

Re: Trip help! September reach :)

Oops, it is 6 am, my bad! I don't blame you for not wanting to travel that long. We started our day at 2:30 in the morning and finally arrived in PA at 10:30 at night. All I wanted to do is put my head on the pillow.
    We left PA around 9 or 10, can't really remember to go to Reach falls. Just don't go on a Mon or Tues or you'll be doing what we did and climbing up the falls! LOL!
    Which town are you looking for recommendations for lunch? We stayed at a condo in Ochi, and just snacked on fruit and stuff for our lunches. Piggies in PA does great jerk chicken and the bar at the marina serves a mean burger along with a great view of the marina. You can get yacht envy like we did!
    Hanging at any of the beaches is a great mid-afternoon chill session. Winnifred was great since it had some funky bars.

User Info Menu

@maralunatic SERIOUSLY! This is good you are motivating me. I swear my brain just slows down after a few hours lol because i couldn’t even imagine that type of day lol kudos to you and the hubby .

I was Looking for recommendations in PA. Last reach we did not explore the marina so I’m making it a must do this time around. We saw it from afar lol. I just want to do something the first day lol but we’d still have our luggage with us so lunch a stop at the grocery store and long bay to drop off the suitcases to THEN head out to the beach. I know Devon and anyone else that’s recommended are route taxis so i dont Really want to make them wait (although Devon was very patient with us and waited while we checked in and changed for the beach ) but that was cause we were close lol.

Speaking of which how early in advance did you let Devon know about the trip ?

User Info Menu

Vacationlovaa, on what day of the week do you arrive?

If you choose to hire Devon to pick you up, contact him a week before your arrival day then the day before while you're in Ocho Rios. Let him know where you’re staying and that you want to hit some places along the way to your place. Devon is an extremely patient man and won’t have any problem waiting for you no matter how long the stop is.

From the bus depot, I would suggest going to a cambio in town, then Ramtullas Supercenter for lite shopping. Then, head to Boston so you two can stroll through the jerk center to choose a place to buy lunch. Save getting jerk chicken from Piggys for the day you return to town to go to the marina and Binkini Beach. Again, the timing for the Jerk Center will be good because the cooked food will be fresh. Buy a little fruit for your room from the tiny stand between the jerk center and the beach. Since you are already there, take your lunch and enjoy it on Boston beach in one of the gazebos. Your luggage will be safe in the car with Devon.

After that, you’ll be ready to get to your room. Make sure he does a slow drive when you get to Long Bay so you can take in the beach…the ocean…that Portland panoramic view will take your breath away. At least that’s what it does to me. You’re a young couple so ask Devon what’s going on in the evenings while you’re there.

On your Reach Falls day, you do the falls in the mid-morning. I like leaving around 11 after a late breakfast. One that will hold me over until after the falls. When you return, it will be early enough to have your driver take you or hop a route taxi into town. Get dropped off at the Craft Village and meet Rock Bottom. The bar should be open where you can grab a red stripe. Walk into town from there. When you get to the point in the road which is where Piggy’s is located, stay to your left and head to the marina and Binkini Beach.

After leaving the beach, go back to Piggy’s for jerk chicken. Return to the taxi stop and grab a taxi back to Long Bay or maybe Boston Beach.

Man, I’m so excited for you two. I mean, your enthusiasm now ensures you two will have a blast then.

User Info Menu

So we are arriving on Sunday 9/2 to PA.

We are planing to stay in sea cliffs Sunday and Monday and Tuesday through Friday morning we are staying at this beautiful BnB in San San across from Frenchman’s cove. (Stayed there last time) Great! I felt A little guilty with the options on the first day didn’t want to just tie him down since he’s a route taxi. But so great we can do this!

This sounds like a plan for our first night. I’ve already planned ochi and MoBay (first and last stop ) and now the first day in PA SO FOUR MORE TO GO!! Lol

Still haven’t heard back from the rep about the crow mountains but i leaning Towards that since it should technically be closer than the blue mountains. Depends on how we’re feelin there’s something about Jamaica that makes me just as relaxed and slowed down as the country once i arrive.

You guys are heaven sent for helping me in every way you can. This forum is my escape from stress and work and getting old. Promise if we’re ever in PA At the same time treats on me!

Yes we plan on venturing out to find night life. And will be asking Devon and any locals around since he’s more of a night owl. (When isn’t there a party in ja honestly lol) especially to celebrate 🎉

Yes i am Very very excited it’s always exciting visiting Jamaica but i think the combination of my birthday, vacation (stress free) or my favorite place to be but I’m just so pumped to finally get here again it feels like FOREVER. Although I was just there in February. It’s an addiction for sure and i know I’m on the moderate/high list flying internationally due to all my reaches recently lol

User Info Menu

Getting old?? Didn't you say you were celebrating your 25th birthday? Girl I wish I was 25 again! LOL! Okay, maybe not 25, how about 30...
    You guys are going to have such a good time, and I'm so jealous!

User Info Menu

Yes i am Lol. But ya know sometimes i feel Older than 25 lol i almost Planned reach falls on a Monday lol so instead i think We’re gonna do some hiking in the John crow mountains as day two. I’m trying to do one day less adventurous one day adventure to even it out. There are no time constraints from what i see Except if we were to hike blue mountains lol. They have community ones a coffee trail or nature trail we still haven’t decided as of yet.

User Info Menu

I wanted to go up the Blue Mountains also, but there's so much to see and do in Portland. It just gives me another reason to go back(Like I needed one!)

User Info Menu

Vacationlovaa - I have been following along with your plans and they sound perfect! I'm jealous! You will have an amazing time I'm sure

If I haven't mentioned it before, you should definitely do the climb/hike/swim up Reach waterfalls with one of the lifeguards! Don't be intimidated by having to climb up the big rock in the beginning. As long as you have water shoes on (I highly recommend flexible water shoes, rather than Keens or Chaco-type shoes with stiff soles) and make sure to be in your swimming suit too. It is an experience we will never forget and anyone who is able-bodied enough to do it should! I swim and husband can really only doggy-paddle and tread water, so he hiked along the falls with the guide during the deep swimming portions. It is amazingly beautiful and seemingly untouched up there. I conquered a small fear of swimming through an opening under a rock from a cave and out into the flowing water! I am so happy I did it! You can see how clear and beautiful the water is here -
    Name:  DSC05926.JPG
Views: 1063
Size:  4.70 MB
    Name:  DSC05935.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  97.2 KB

User Info Menu

@maralunatic yes! I’ve been trying to go to the Blue mountains since my first trip to Jamaica ! Lol something always happens in always 5 hours away etc etc. so this time I’m making it happen. Which is why I’m doing the one day relaxing day one day more adventuarous

@agregory 👋🏼 Hi ! I appreciate the support on my mediocre planning skills i am Normally a go with the flow girl but i always forget something on the list ! Oh we plan on taking a journey up the falls. My boyfriend is a lifeguard in the process of teaching me how to swim (bless his soul) but I’ve done blue hole in ochi. Was a bit out of breath but I jumped every cliff thanks to him two years later here we are. So he will be doing that swimming through the hole thing (cliff divings his thing) I have Some water shoes i bought Off amazon because i felt The ones they sell in Jamaica aren’t as sturdy (imo)

Man your pictures are flawless!!

So for swimwear did everything hold up? Lol i only Ask because during my cliff jumping I’ve had some mishaps due to my suits being too loose lol

User Info Menu

That's great he's teaching you how to swim Vacationlovaa! I'm not a strong swimmer, but I have been swimming since I was very young. My husband isn't afraid of swimming around with a vest snorkling and he would cliff jump in a lifejacket, if I allowed it lol

The watershoes I have are from Amazon too. They are awesome, compared to any other I've used.

My swim suit held up on our Reach Falls trip... I think I guess I've had enough incidences where I jump into water and my top doesn't stay in place to recall Reach Falls - haha I had a tie-back halter top on, from Target.