Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip help! September reach :)

User Info Menu

Re: Trip help! September reach :)

I don't know if you went back and searched, but I wrote a trip report last year from our Portland trip. Maybe it will give you ideas. I dream about being back there... maybe next trip to Ja

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....it-to-Portland

User Info Menu

@agregory yes it’s great that he’s attempting. Having my personal life guard can be great at times oh that’s me! I jump Off cliffs and all that with my life vest. We’re in the process of letting me go without one (baby panic attack)

Great ! I’ve had my fair share definitely of all types of mishaps. Yes i did read your trip report we were actually going to stay at the fairy hill Airbnb ! But since it’s my birthday week we decided to splurge and do the bed and breakfast i fell In love with last trip !

You’re pictures are gorgeous ! Any advice on a relaxing day ? Or any places you reccomend I am all ears! Thank you for all your help

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliments!

Frenchman's Cove for a relaxing day. Have you been there? We don't ever stay at AI resorts, so it was a treat having someone bring us drinks and food on the beach for a day. I wouldn't say it's a cheap day, especially if you were to order a lot of drinks But it was absolutely worth it! And definitely bring snorkel gear if you have it with. The river is nice to swim through and very clear. It's a gorgeous place! The day we were there it was overcast, but still very nice. I can just imagine a clear, sunny day there I see your staying across the street, so maybe you've been there already?

Another relaxing day, if you like to walk along a long, white beach - head to Long Bay Beach and walk. Bring something to lay down in the sand to sit on and watch the waves crash with a Red Stripe or a fresh, cold coconut with rum poured into the water - mmm

I would also suggest spending a day at Boston Bay, on a holiday if possible, which Ja seems to have once a week - lol... eat while your there too. We loved sitting, wading in the water, watching the waves, surfers, cliff jumpers, kids playing and families having fun. Bring a cooler with beer & water. I added rum to a cold coconut here and it was delicious. Add a little ting too

User Info Menu

I really Need to try this rum inside coconut jelly water with some ting. It sounds yummy ! I always make a face when drinking Wray and nephew always lol

So just when i thought I have completed my details. I noticed The mountains are closed on Monday’s as well . Does anyone know if the Rio grande is open ? I’m trying to switch my schedule around. Both reach falls and the mountains are closed on Monday’s and I’m assuming so does Somerset Falls.

I was Going to do two of these in one day to make up for them being closed but my boyfriend wants to do five hiking trails in the mountains ⛰ exhausted just thinking of it lmao.

Frenchman’s cove is so beautiful 😍 i got Washed away quite a few times and the water was FREEZING but here in Florida we usually throw ourselves in during those times so I got used to it. Some taxi driver asked if he could take pictures of me and with me that day on our walk lol don’t know who he thought I was but it was a hilarious experience he wouldn’t believe me.

So did you guys pack a cooler in your luggage? Maybe like a foldable one. I’m searching for one that will fit our drinks and that can get through TSA without any troubles

User Info Menu

That's funny about the taxi driver! I hope he got a good picture of you to show his friends

IDK if the Rio Grande rafting is closed Mondays. I've never heard that it is, but that doesn't mean it's not... Hopefully someone else can answer that question.

We do pack a softsided cooler in our checked bag. I would recommend a backpack-type cooler because it's much easier to carry and keep your hands free

User Info Menu

Thank you @agregory for all the info. I’ve been trying out some backpacks and testing them all out actually lolol. I’ve been so busy with work i couldn’t respond sooner BUT that means closer to my reach !!! I appreciate everyone’s help in my journey as always.

User Info Menu

I don't know if the official Rio Grande tour is closed or not, but we hired a rogue captain and had a blast! Nice relaxing way to spend the morning, and we stopped at Belindas for something to eat halfway through. Since we weren't using the official tour, we left the river slightly before the end and Devon picked us up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    I don't know if the official Rio Grande tour is closed or not, but we hired a rogue captain and had a blast! Nice relaxing way to spend the morning, and we stopped at Belindas for something to eat halfway through. Since we weren't using the official tour, we left the river slightly before the end and Devon picked us up.
    That's exactly what we did Maralunatic, a rogue captain Our driver hooked us up and picked us up just before the official end. It was a great experience!