Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Missed a year - anything new on the West End?

User Info Menu

Missed a year - anything new on the West End?

Back Surgery, A new grandbaby and a job change made for no Negril last winter Luckily, we are back on track and are booked for 19 nights at Xtabi right after Christmas - I can't wait!!

Hope that all of our West End Favorites are still there! And always happy for suggestions of new places we should try!

User Info Menu

Not pon da west end, but really good food, reasonable prices and a view that rocks....Seven Mile Restaurant above Hammonds Bakery. Located near the round about, on the road toward Sav. Great views for local activity and super food with some rocking roti!

User Info Menu

Alice's is closed (have not heard a word they are reopen, someone correct me if I am wrong)
    Seastar has been renovated and now will be having headliners on Saturday night - costs vary be performer.
    Concert Series at Negril Escape has moved to The Jungle.
    Ciao Jamaica open at Samsara - pretty good Italian, shrimp pizza was great..I know why pizza in Jamaica? eat so much jerk chicken over 17 days, sometimes you just need a change for a meal or two!
    Ras Rody is in U.S. I believe ...but his place is still going...not sure how long he is there for.

That's all I have heard or seen in Feb of this year.

Curious to see if any other changes in the west end.

Enjoy your trip!

User Info Menu

Sunset After Dark across from the Negril hardware, best burgers in Negril.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

PGW - I know sunset was closed for a while. Is it open now? I really want to try their burgers!

User Info Menu

Saturday at Seastar?

Thanks Everyone

Loved Seastar's buffet when we stayed there last trip - is that still part of the Saturday night? And since we aren't able to stay there this year - do we need reservations?

Sorry to hear about Alices - we had some good meals there in the past and love hearing there is a good burger place close by - they have been hard to come by in the past!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    Sunset After Dark across from the Negril hardware, best burgers in Negril.
    Is this the place people were talking about that has huge burgers/helpings?

User Info Menu

Sunset After Dark Bar

Pool Guy knows what he is talking about. Patrick the Chef is due back there very soon to re -open and his burgers are OUTSTANDING - Also great traditional Jamaican food & Seafood (2 for 1 Lobster nights) - He has the Biggs seal of approval !