Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Fun Holiday/The Palms

User Info Menu

Fun Holiday/The Palms

Does anyone have recent pictures from Fun Holiday by chance?

I have friends looking to stay but are just a little concerned about state of the rooms..but they can book 14 nights AI for the same price as 10 nights non AI at The Palms.

Also, if they pay a little more for oceanview is the room itself better?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

User Info Menu

The rooms at Fun Holiday are a bit outdated, lol our curtains had bunnys and easter eggs on them. But they are clean and if you have any problems with things working they will fix them. We had an upstairs ocean view and our friends didn't. They were the same room inside just the balcony had a better view on ours. We did not do the AI but the food when we didnt eat there was pretty bad. for the price if I was going economy I would stay there again.

User Info Menu

We stayed there in sept., the rooms are dated. Our room smelled very mildewy upon check-in, i asked for a can of lysol, sprayed the drapes and a/c unit several times a day, after a couple of days no more mildew smell? or we got use to it.
    The location is super; next to roots, across the street from the jungle. The staff was super, maids cleaned daily (sweet ladies), the on the beach grill chef (great guy) cooked jerk chicken (tasty) and burgers etc. for the a/i guests, food choices were limited and basic, a/i drinks were limited to overproof rum punch and red stripe beer, the pool was always murky and green around the edges, not something that appealed to us (we have a pool at home-crystal clear and spotless). We will stay again for the deal we got, Negril hotels are just a place for us to sleep/pass out after a day or two of running around and partying in my favorite tourist town in jamaica.

User Info Menu

I am spending a few nights there in 2 weeks, will be reporting back.
    Trip #59 most of February