Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jet Blue Booking through Feb 13

User Info Menu

Jet Blue Booking through Feb 13

Jet Blue made a big deal via email last week that they were now booking through Feb 13. Our reservations are Feb 17-27 and we have been waiting on JB to book flights.

This seems to be a departure for them, as they usually just move the date out a day at a time, but this time they jumped about a month.

Anyone have any idea what to expect from them going forward. Do you think other airline rates will shift once JB enters the mix?

Just curious. Flying from Boston, BTW

ST

User Info Menu

Re: Jet Blue Booking through Feb 13

I don't know whether they will all shift. As mentioned in the Minni flight thread one of the reasons we are looking at other air carriers is because some (like Jet Blue and Southwest) only offer flights 6 to 8 months out. In today’s new travel world of book your room before you leave for next year, having to sit on pins and needles until your preferred carrier finally offers flights can be unnerving. We book the cheapest earliest flight we can based on what we are willing to spend. Sure our flight may drop as much as 50 or 60 a ticket later, but peace of mind goes a long way for us. We have our room, our flight is booked, we just relax and watch the trip ticker now. The airlines that don't start putting up their schedule a year out are going to lose customers for sure.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    I don't know whether they will all shift. As mentioned in the Minni flight thread one of the reasons we are looking at other air carriers is because some (like Jet Blue and Southwest) only offer flights 6 to 8 months out. In today’s new travel world of book your room before you leave for next year, having to sit on pins and needles until your preferred carrier finally offers flights can be unnerving. We book the cheapest earliest flight we can based on what we are willing to spend. Sure our flight may drop as much as 50 or 60 a ticket later, but peace of mind goes a long way for us. We have our room, our flight is booked, we just relax and watch the trip ticker now. The airlines that don't start putting up their schedule a year out are going to lose customers for sure.
    We usually have booked by now for Feb for the reasons Irene states. But when I saw Jet Blue was up to Feb 13 (SW was at Jan 6), I decided to wait. Not sure how long I will have to wait, however.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    We book the cheapest earliest flight we can based on what we are willing to spend.
    yeah, i'm totally someone who books trips 3 to 6 months in advance, as soon as i see a fare i can tolerate.

i REALLY want to head down from august 24th through labor day, but can't commit to spending the money just yet. i have no idea at all if the hotel i want will have availability and flights will be doable (schedule- and price-wise) if i wait until around august 15th to book.

we'll have to wait until the week before thanksgiving if we can't swing it this summer.

User Info Menu

Wit JetBlue, I book them when I am ok with their pricing. I have yet to figure out a way to get any cash or credit back from them if the price drops. I also check Southwest simultaneously, because I know I can get credit back if the price goes down. I book either when its a price I like, usually something close to the year before. I'm planning to do Southwest next spring on points alone. JetBlue gave me the wrong immigration form this year and I got to the hotel so early I had to wait around for like 4 hours before I could get into my room. So, as much as I like JetBlue, they are usually more expensive and not as "worth it" as they used to be.

I'm sure their dates release will have some impact on other airlines... but I think Southwest has released out to January (but I might be making that up), so I'd watch your preferred airlines closely and jump on it when you are ok with the pricing.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

JB is now booking through Feb, and later. We booked on American last night. Flights came down by $150 with JB on the board. $414 each from PVD to to MBJ via MIA Feb 17-27

User Info Menu

We ended up booking with Southwest for our December trip. The price was right for us, and the peace of mind of knowing our trip is set is priceless!