Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rest In Peace Bentley

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rest In Peace Bentley

I am reinstating this thread after several people have PM'd and asked what happened to Bentley's thread. I need to apologize for the lost photos when the thread was removed and kindly ask for those who posted them to please repost them. I reacted with emotion and frustration thinking about Bentley when I had the thread removed.

This thread was going the way of speculation and Bentley's family and friends were tired of the speculation. Some people were not being sensitive to the fact that a man has tragically died and kept posting links to a website that claims to be news yet had the story incorrect and then a second link to a local tabloid that had picked up on the first story, both having incorrect information.

The thread was removed as that was the only way to prevent it from spiraling out of control with speculation and I was refusing to allow that to happen to his family and his memory. Over the years, many of us, including members of his family and his friends have been helping him. As mentioned, he had seen doctors and was under medical care but to no avail. Bentley unfortunately drowned last Sunday.

This thread will remain out of respect to Bentley and as long as the gossip and speculation does not continue. Please remember that Bentley was a real person with real family and friends who loved and cared about him.

Thank you for your respect and understanding.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I was coming out of the neighborhood store when I first encountered Bentley. He stopped me to introduce himself and show me his photos of his restaurant and food. "You're 'world famous'!" "Ya mon, world famous!" We made a reservation and discovered you could enjoy a fantastic view and wonderful meal while still holding more than a bit of dread at the structural integrity of the deck. We had another meal there, but the next year, Bentley had transitioned into his waning years as a sad specter. No more torment, Bentley, rest in peace.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

dinner just once with Bentley. what an experience . great food and quite a character. may he rest in piece

User Info Menu

So sad to see this. RIP, Bentley. Sincere condolences to his family.

User Info Menu

OMG, didn’t know this happened or that Bentley was going through hard times. So tragic! Peace and comfort to his family and friends....