Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Ideas for Day Trip for Newbies

User Info Menu

Re: Seeking Ideas for Day Trip for Newbies

What climate will the newbies be coming from?

Plan your day to be relaxing in the Jamaica climate. Too long a day is very uncomfortable for someone not used to the tropics.

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-06-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

The captain is wise! An alternate agenda would be the Rockland bird sanctuary out side Montego Bay late morning. Explore historic Falmouth or one of the nature attractions in the area. Dinner and boat ride at Glistening Waters. But time it so it’s dark for the boat ride. Then return to Negril tired and full of happy memories!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

End of July will be scorching hot. I would stay close to the ocean, and book a nice peaceful sunset dinner cruise on a catamaran.

User Info Menu

Hi Cap, they are coming from Raleigh NC, so they are somewhat used to the weather, but Jamaican temps, humidity, and sun are totally different. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Only a guess but I would think a good Baptist would not be headed to Appleton.
    Proverbs 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Regards,
    Bob
    So true, Bob. An Appleton tour would not go over well with this group.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    So true, Bob. An Appleton tour would not go over well with this group.
    Do you know how much time to plan for the Appleton tour from Negril?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Do you know how much time to plan for the Appleton tour from Negril?
    From the Appleton Tour page. About 4-5 hours on an organized tour. I would say 6 hours or more as it takes a while to get there and back.
    Visit the Appleton Estate rum distillery on this 4.5-hour tour from Negril. Learn about this historic distillery, in business for more than 250 years in the lush Nassau Valley. With your rum expert guide, visit the ageing house with its oak barrels and see the copper pot stills that give Appleton its rich flavor. Sample ten different types of Appleton rum and walk away with a mini bottle as a gift. Round-trip transportation from Negril hotels is included in this tour.

Read more about Appleton Estate Rum Tour from Negril 2018 at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Negril/...APPLE?pub=vcps
    https://www.viator.com/tours/Negril/...53cebfacc5c518

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Just to throw my 2 cents in; the roaring river cave trip is quite amazing. The caves are OK, but swimming in the aquifers who's depths are as yet unknown was something I will never forget. Our guide told us Jamaican's feel deep spirituality when they swim in these waters, and so did I. Nice cool place to spend a few hours out of the sun and heat too.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    From the Appleton Tour page. About 4-5 hours on an organized tour. I would say 6 hours or more as it takes a while to get there and back.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Negril/...53cebfacc5c518

Peace and Guidance
    Thank you for the information. May need to check it out.

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls is the right choice.