Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Shipping a package to negril

User Info Menu

Shipping a package to negril

Hi! Just got back from the island I just love negril so much!! I really want to send some school supplies to a staff member at Cocolapalm in the next two weeks. Has anybody had any luck in shipping a package To negril ? I’m worried about the duty tax that person might have to pay and picking it up. Also If it’s even possible to do as I saw that sometimes it can take months for a package to get there. Any advice on how to go about this? I just want to ship two book bags worth of school supplies..

User Info Menu

Re: Shipping a package to negril

fed ex

User Info Menu

Consider sending money so someone can buy them there. You can make a tax-deductible donation through Father Jim Bok at Mary Gate of Heaven in Negril, which also runs the soup kitchen; options and instructions are at http://mghcatholic.com/donate.html.

If you ship them, not only will you be paying the shipping, but they likely are legally dutiable, so the recipient should be charged the duty.

User Info Menu

If someone is travelling to Negril soon, they could take the supplies for you. Just send the supplies to the person traveling to Negril. Flying Southwest, you get 2 checked bags for free.

User Info Menu

Thats my next question! Whose traveling who would like to carry two children book bags of school supplies and a weather radio?

Administrator

User Info Menu

I am curious about the kind of weather radio? Is it a hand crank radio? I ask because Jamaica has no dedicated weather radio stations.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It’s A marine radio, that my brother used to sail around the world a million years ago. I thought I’d send it and hope for the best. I know they’re resourceful people down there.

User Info Menu

Rob??? Everyone knows the dedicated weather station in Negril is the coconut telegraph????