Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Junior Thompson aka Ricky Blues aka Aloe man R.I.P.

User Info Menu

Junior Thompson aka Ricky Blues aka Aloe man R.I.P.

i just heard that Junior passed away around 2 a.m. in a house fire. if anyone sees any news on this please share. i met Junior when i first stayed in Red Ground in 1974 when he was around 6 years old. several of my early trips were solo so we hung out together as he kept me company. the locals referred to Junior as my son . for those who have seen him on the beach over the past many years it was obvious he developed mental problems . he never failed to spot me during my visits . lot more to say . will hopefully add a couple pictures. very sad day for me .

User Info Menu

Re: Junior Thompson aka Ricky Blues aka Aloe man R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    i just heard that Junior passed away around 2 a.m. in a house fire. if anyone sees any news on this please share. i met Junior when i first stayed in Red Ground in 1974 when he was around 6 years old. several of my early trips were solo so we hung out together as he kept me company. the locals referred to Junior as my son . for those who have seen him on the beach over the past many years it was obvious he developed mental problems . he never failed to spot me during my visits . lot more to say . will hopefully add a couple pictures. very sad day for me .
    Sorry for the loss of your friend.

User Info Menu

Rest in Peace, Junior. Although he never said much, he seemed to take a liking to my wife and I. He would always take seat in the sand in front of us, while we were sitting on the beach at Sun Beach. Others would try to shoo him away but we told the staff to let him stay. I think he just wanted to be around kind people and enjoy the beach.

User Info Menu

he had it very tough since he was in his 20's. even me he hardly spoke. i would give him some clothes and his daily "allowance". had some mental illness in his family. tried to get him to get help but he would not. i am very sad of course regretting i did not do more.

User Info Menu

so sorry to hear of his passing. I have purchased aloe plants from him and was planniing to briing him a few teeshirts.

User Info Menu

Rip Junior...condolences to his family & friends.
    L&R