Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Caribbean Airlines issues

User Info Menu

Caribbean Airlines issues

Does anyone have success with Caribbean Airlines?

We have found their website to be one of the worst airline websites, their phone support to be useless IF they actually answer the phone, and their chatroom people refuse to answer tough questions like why is their website so horrible.

For example today, July 16th, they feature a Great Deal on flights from Fort Lauderdale to Montego Bay. Here are the details when you click on the link "Booking Period: immediate to 30th May, 2018. Travel Period: immediate – 30th June, 2018" WTF ! !

The general functionality of their website is horrible. When you try to search for fares, if there they are not booking out that far all you get is an error message asking you to enter your request again. No message that they are not booking out that far.

Chatroom personal had no explanation, phone reservation agents had no explanation - when they actually answer the phone that is ! !

Can't imagine they are competent enough to actually fly to MBJ or anywhere else

Give me Southwest Airlines any day

User Info Menu

Re: Caribbean Airlines issues

I have used Caribbean Airlines to fly to and from Jamaica. Mostly, we have used it to fly to other Caribbean destinations from Kingston. Never had any problems. I usually just book when I am about ready to fly. There is not much difference in the rates if you book far in advance or book late.

User Info Menu

I have been using Caribbean Airline for several years with no real problems. In fact, the only time I had to call to resolve an issue, I received fast and efficient service to resolve my issue.

Of course, the Web Sites comparison of Caribbean and Southwest is like comparing night to day. Southwest is an on-line booking juggernaut and Caribbean only seems to have a web site because other airlines do.

I have been using Cheapoair for all my travel. I pick my general dates as soon as I return and have the funds available to jump as soon as I get the best price. I purchased this year's ticket a couple of weeks back FLL to MBJ for $292.00 which included seat selection and travel insurance. I have been very happy with both Cheapoair and Caribbean Air.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Rob and I have used Caribbean Airlines without any issues.
    I feel the same as Accompong...comparing apples & oranges. It reminds me of booking flights years ago and so far they've been great to fly. It is always nice/conducive to have a website that is easier to navigate though.

User Info Menu

Just an FYI Caribbean Airlines has cancelled Sunday flights...
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by suziep55 View Post
    Just an FYI Caribbean Airlines has cancelled Sunday flights...
    For more info...

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...uderdale-route
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

They are cutting ALL flights from Fort Lauderdale to MoBay starting January 2019

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...uderdale-route

User Info Menu

I tried Caribbean Airlines in 2011 right as they merged with Air Jamaica. Got to JFK at 5 am for a 7:30 flight and was told the flight was cancelled. Next available flight 7:30 am the following day. After some heated discussion they endorsed my ticket to American Airlines. The flight departed at 7 am and I just made the flight. On my return from Kingston again there was a problem with the plane and there were no additional flights to New York that evening. Thankfully the Caribbean Airlines representative was kind enough to get me on an AA flight in First Class that left about an hour later. Worked out all in all.

User Info Menu

Odd that they are cutting flights to Mobay when I get the impression travel to Negril is increasing. Harder to get a room than it used to be. We have flown American Airlines, Transair, United, Southwest, Jet Blue, West Jet, Air Canada and Delta. We have paid anywhere from $479 to $625 out of Minnesota, we've had flights cancelled, over booked, late and even had one leave early one time? We've had our luggage lost, vandalized and busted up. One thing remains consistent, we always end up on the beach in Negril. So at the end of the day we take the cheapest flight we can find. Like Accompong we start looking for flights right when we get home from Jamaica and jump on the first one that's in our budget and has decent travel times, which is becoming a much bigger deal than it used to be. At the end of the day, we expect travel to be awful, and when on the odd occasion it's without incident we rejoice!! As I get older I fly more international than local because if the destination isn't worth it I won't put up with the hassle of flying. Negril is VERY worth it. So in conclusion we no longer have one carrier we're loyal to. We loved Transair but they're gone now, so we look for cheap and get in the travel trenches with everyone else. Negril keeps up smiling most of the travel days.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]