Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A little surprise from Verizon

User Info Menu

A little surprise from Verizon

Verizon’s “EasyPass” is an add on. For 10.00US a day you get the same plan as in the US. For me that’s unlimited data/talk. Used it earlier this year in Belize and it worked fine.

Thought I’d give it a try here just to compare with my Digical service.

Verizon uses Flow network and the speed was about dial up! Which mean you can drink a red stripe waiting for a page to load.

Thank you “Flow” (used to be C and W .............cable and wireless better known as costly and worthless)

Back to Digicel 4G

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 07-21-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Re: A little surprise from Verizon

For what we pay and the piles of money that Verizon and AT&T sit on (even after buying Time Warner!), we should all have world phones usable any where on the planet. We could also use the ready access to communications so we can talk to each other rather than shout.

Thanks for the heads up, Cap. The Digicel store can be a breeze or a freeze, but still probably the best option for most of us. Patience and perseverance!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

I used the AT&T equivalent during my 30 day stay in April/May of this past year. It was also $10US/day and I was happy with the coverage and speed of data. Thankfully, I was on WiFi most of the time but I couldn't complain about the AT&T plan. I don't know if it was Lime or Digi though.
    Tom Hudson
    Self-Employed CPA
    Founder, Domaine Hudson wine bar & eatery, Wilmington, DE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hudson View Post
    I used the AT&T equivalent during my 30 day stay in April/May of this past year. It was also $10US/day and I was happy with the coverage and speed of data. Thankfully, I was on WiFi most of the time but I couldn't complain about the AT&T plan. I don't know if it was Lime or Digi though.

my at&t phone was on digicel when i was in negril in 2017.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Verizon’s “EasyPass” is an add on. For 10.00US a day you get the same plan as in the US. For me that’s unlimited data/talk. Used it earlier this year in Belize and it worked fine.

Thought I’d give it a try here just to compare with my Digical service.

Verizon uses Flow network and the speed was about dial up! Which mean you can drink a red stripe waiting for a page to load.

Thank you “Flow” (used to be C and W .............cable and wireless better known as costly and worthless)

Back to Digicel 4G

Cap
    I just used this at SATP and had no problems at all.

User Info Menu

T-Mobile’s similar plan worked great in Negril.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I used it in Sweden last month just for talk and text. Waited for hotels wifi for everything else. My daughter has Sprint with unlimited international talk, text and data so it was handy to use her phone for Google maps when trying to get around Stockholm and Oslo.