Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril to Kingston/Port Royal service?

User Info Menu

Negril to Kingston/Port Royal service?

We're taking our 6th trip to Jamiaca in December - once again favoring Couples Negril.

We'd like to do a day trip to Kingston/Port Royal/Fort Charles etc. from Negril

Does anyone know or can recommend a fairly priced taxi service doing long road trips like this? We would the taxi most likely for most of the day, round trip, lunch etc.

The hotel services charge ridiculous prices for this trip which we believe they're actually trying to dissuade us from the trip.

Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

Re: Negril to Kingston/Port Royal service?

I think you may want to make that an overnight trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure BeachBum View Post
    I think you may want to make that an overnight trip.
    Thanks for the response - we're good with a day trip

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fromflorida View Post
    Thanks for the response - we're good with a day trip
    it's a minimum 4.5 hour trip from negril to port royal, with no stops and no traffic issues. round trip, that would be 9 hours minimum of driving time, probably more like 12 due to the inevitable traffic issues and at least one stop for food/gas, which would leave you very little, if any, time for sightseeing in and around kingston.

you should contact kingsley at http://kingsleystakecaretours.com/. he's local to negril and will be able to give you a realistic itinerary and a fair price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    it's a minimum 4.5 hour trip from negril to port royal, with no stops and no traffic issues. round trip, that would be 9 hours minimum of driving time, probably more like 12 due to the inevitable traffic issues and at least one stop for food/gas, which would leave you very little, if any, time for sightseeing in and around kingston.

you should contact kingsley at http://kingsleystakecaretours.com/. he's local to negril and will be able to give you a realistic itinerary and a fair price.
    Cool thanks for the resource - I'll contact him

Yes we know it's a long day - leaving at 6am should get us there by 10-11 am, gives us plenty of time to do what we want and leave by 3 or 4 to get back by 7-8pm

User Info Menu

Yes we know it's a long day - leaving at 6am should get us there by 10-11 am, gives us plenty of time to do what we want and leave by 3 or 4 to get back by 7-8pm
    All things being equal

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Make sure you take traffic in Kingston into consideration. It took us at least 1 hour to go from Port Royal to the Marley museum and that was with a driver that knew Kingston. Drivers will say they know Kingston but what they mean is they know how to get there.

User Info Menu

Fromflorida...a day trip can be done, although it will be a very long day...you seem to understand this issue.
    I also agree with Bigbamboo...make sure the driver knows Kingston, as it can be easy to get lost there and will making the drive annoyingly longer!
    You can email a few drivers from the transportation section of Negril.com https://negril.com/transport/ and ask for quotes. Don't be surprised if some quotes are around $500us for the return trip.
    I wouldn't plan much more for the day trip other than Port Royal (which is a fabulous visit) other than maybe getting a delicious meal at Gloria's in the town of Port Royal.

User Info Menu

We're taking our 6th trip to Jamiaca in December - once again favoring Couples Negril.

We'd like to do a day trip to Kingston/Port Royal/Fort Charles etc. from Negril

Does anyone know or can recommend a fairly priced taxi service doing long road trips like this? We would the taxi most likely for most of the day, round trip, lunch etc.

The hotel services charge ridiculous prices for this trip which we believe they're actually trying to dissuade us from the trip.

Thanks in advance
    Hello,

Collin Frew from Collin's Tours will meet or beat any price you have. He is a JUTA tour operator and #(876)354-4663. Decent guy and will supply beer, rum punch, and water included in price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    Hello,

Collin Frew from Collin's Tours will meet or beat any price you have. He is a JUTA tour operator and #(876)354-4663. Decent guy and will supply beer, rum punch, and water included in price.
    Thanks for the resource, I'll give him a call as well!

We greatly appreciate all the replies