Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 - Your Best Negril Restaurants

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 - Your Best Negril Restaurants

Name:  IMG_20180406_194756648.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  247.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    Just Natural
    3 Dives and family derivatives
    Cosmo's Sadly gone, but consistently the best traditional Jamaican food. Will I ever get escavitch fish that good again?
    Sorry about Cosmos. This is from Swordfish in April - pretty darn good at $2000J. $15US, I guess its reasonable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutWestEnder View Post
    Ivans, Ten Sing Pen, I love the chicken bbq for lunch at the Treehouse. Agree w/ Marblehead, too bad about Cosmo's, I also miss Hungry Lion, I used to love that place !
    Absolutely FOWE! Thanks for the reminder even though it was a stab in mi heart. Discovered Hungry Lion on my first trip in 1984. My favorite venue, too. The music, vibe and quiet even on the road. Then again, I miss the Tudor Tea Room that was the location of my first meal in Jamaica. It was a family's front porch with the classic menu on the wall: Goat, Fish, Chicken, etc. We waited in revery as we listened to the night sounds and chop, sizzle and chink as the family prepared our meal. Sublime.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reference, Odinson. Looks little compared to Cosmo's, but maybe they favored me in return for 30+ years of handgin' out on the beach drinking and eating. Sort of like my 2nd visit to an exceptional restaurant in Sidney Cape Breton. After a late arrival w/o reservation the first meal, we schmoozed the chef and left a generous tip. 2nd visit we had a rez and schmoozed before our meal. The chef shouted to his staff to bring him the largest lobster they had left - 2.5-3 lbs of heaven. I love informal "loyalty" programs!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

I must not forget to tell all you about a newer place, a group of us boardies went on the last night of the boardie bash week..... It is called Vinnie's bar and grill. It is by the Rayon, ( across the road from Chances ) ...The owner is the former chef of Best in the West, and now has opened his own place …...The prices are crazy cheap ( 5 bucks ) for a huge plate of chicken and rice, ( jerk, fried, or bbq ). They also offer great fish and other dishes. The food, the service, everything was awesome...… ( especially the company !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I must not forget to tell all you about a newer place, a group of us boardies went on the last night of the boardie bash week..... It is called Vinnie's bar and grill. It is by the Rayon, ( across the road from Chances ) ...The owner is the former chef of Best in the West, and now has opened his own place …...The prices are crazy cheap ( 5 bucks ) for a huge plate of chicken and rice, ( jerk, fried, or bbq ). They also offer great fish and other dishes. The food, the service, everything was awesome...… ( especially the company !!
    Thanks for that tip Jojo! I'm staying at the Palms further down the beach in Sept and I was looking for road side place that's an easy walk (like Best of the West is to WS).

User Info Menu

ukran1ans...……
    you will be a repeat customer, not only is the food fast, and delicious. it's a nice little ambiance, with tiki torches, and tables....you can just sit , or get to go !!

User Info Menu

Swordfish is awesome....great lobster anything..great pasta and the chef is a friend!! Big up Kempy!!

User Info Menu

#1 Ivans……….#2 Charela…….#3 Kuyaba…… Norma's was up the list when she still ran it.....

User Info Menu

Pewee's
    Lavish
    3 Dives
    Sweet Spice

User Info Menu

I've always loved Kuyaba & 3 dives...looking forward to trying some new places!
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]