Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Horseback riding in Negril

User Info Menu

Horseback riding in Negril

Hi,
    I'm looking for the best place to do the horseback riding on the beach in the Negril area? Coming 1st week of January, 2019.
    I see a few different places when I do a google search, but I don't know the difference between any of them?

Some of the places that come up are:

Reggae Horseback Riding
    Chukka Horseback Riding

Any information would be helpful, thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Horseback Riding in Negril

The closest option for legal horseback riding on a beach would be at Jamwest before you get to Little London.

https://www.jamwest.com
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Horseback riding in Negril

You're on the right track. Please stick to the concessions that operate remote from 7-Mile. The beach is not a safe place to ride... trust me, I've seen things. And, in general, the beach is NOT a safe place for the animals, either. If you're staying on the beach, you'll see what I mean.
    The animals are not well, nor are they treated well, with no protection from the heat, and little in the way of fresh water. Chukka, as I understand, has a safe operation near Negril... a bit north of the strip, perhaps 10 miles (?). I've not heard of the other vendor.