Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading Back Last Of Oct.

User Info Menu

Heading Back Last Of Oct.

This will be our first time to be there this time of year, what is the weather like the last of Oct. thru the first part of Nov? Do we have to worry about hurricanes? Any info will help.
    Getting Old Isn't For Sissy's!!

User Info Menu

Well take it from me, you always have to worry about hurricanes as they are a possibility throughout the entire hurricane season which is June 1 - November 30....learned this one the hard way because I have gone MANY Octobers and never had a storm until last year which just happened to be when we were getting married.

BUT....if you don't have a hurricane or trropical storm to worry about the weather is quite nice that time of year.

User Info Menu

Thanks Marley, we usually go the last of April & the first of Dec, so never had to worry about it before. Did not make the April trip this year, as my hubby was in a wreck the last of Jan. & fractured his pelvis in 3 places, so he was not up to the trip this year. So Dec. seemed too far off this year. LOL !! Thanks for the help!!

User Info Menu

Oh NO! Well hope hubby is much better now. I say take a chance and go for it. We are going back in October for our anniversary, fingers crossed no storms this time

User Info Menu

Well, we will keep our fingers crossed that we both have great weather for our trips. Happy Anniversary to you!!

User Info Menu

YES!! Fingers crossed for sure
    And Thanks! I wish you and your hubby a wonderful trip as well!

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PC050325.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	966What hurricane are you talking about we have the best names for storms, Andrew, Bea, and Bonnie!!
    No Hurricane can compete! Halloween Party here we Come!!!
    Last edited by Bella Bea; 05-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Halloween party? Sounds like fun! Where will it be Bea? Might have to think about stopping in. Of course. you may not know who it is with my costume on, lol.

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bumblebee.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	1087
    MoGlenn and Sweetsop
    Halloween party? Sounds like fun! Where will it be Bea? Might have to think about stopping in. Of course. you may not know who it is with my costume on, lol.
    Maybe Ill be a BumbleBea
    Its going to be my moms 73rd Bday Party on Halloween! Trying to Plan a Bday Halloween Costume Party, but no Ideas Yet!
    My mom is a Negril Virgin, and we arrive late afternoon on Sunday the 30th!
    I was thinking asking Canoe if we can have a party there, but then again its Monday and very Slow season!
    I also know that Coco has a big party for guest, but I dont know if they allow non-guests and how much do they charge.
    Also been thinking that we are going to look very silly walking around with Costumes down the beach or up the road!
    Maybe since we are staying at NBCC we could plan something there
    DECISIONS, Decisions, Decisions!
    Still got 5.5 months to plan and decide!

I know you guys go on Halloween often how is it?
    I'm not going to stress about weather, because its unpredictable I know! How slow is it? Many businesses closed?
    We will be there from Oct. 30th to Nov. 7th hoping to show my mom why I love Jamaica!

User Info Menu

The Coco party is on October 29 this year but still has a Halloween theme. From what I have seen, Halloween is not big in Negril with some places having a costume party for the tourists. October is slooooow time.