Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negril Relax Resort

User Info Menu

Marko has the facts & timeline straight. Sandi San owner was Sandra Mcloud (sp?). Very tragic story in & of itself. Her son coming unhinged only added to the tragedy.

Daune McNeil-Lewellyn is heading up Negril Relax Resort. Until taking on this venture, Daune managed the NIOC (timeshares) at the Beach Club for many, many years. She's a very gracious, customer service oriented manager. During the summer the property was being renovated/spruced up. I'm looking forward to stopping by & checking it out in February.

User Info Menu

When i am there in just over a week i will go by and have a look, and get a few pictures.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Ok, now that we know the history of the SandiSand/Merrills III, thank you Marko, does anyone know the current status of the resort now known as Negril Relax Resort? Has there been any renovations since April 2011? Has anyone taken pictures of this property lately?

User Info Menu

Weathermon...I have booked Negril Relax for Feb after talking with Susan at Negril One Stop Vacations. They stayed there a couple of days on their Negril tour last month, I had the same questions you have. She said it was very clean, offered a Menu style AI package as well as a breakfast package, as far as renovations..I would say more of a clean up and TLC type of thing. Of course you know its a great location with a large beach. I am a long time customer of One Stop Vacations. They haven't dissapointed me once with any of their recommendations...I am however pretty easily to please..cleanliness and safety and some decent food is pretty much all I ask for. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Weathermon...just found this website for Negril Relax...still under construction , but it has a few pics and a bit if info..http://hnh9b.preview.buuteeq.com/en-us/ prob have to copy and paste..Hope this helps!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Muzikdoc. I too spoke with One Stop and they weren't too certain of the current status of the resort, just that it had rooms available for Christmas and most others did not. Maybe there's something to read into that, I don't know??

Anyway, Mi Lady and I will check it out next month and post some pics, if we can.

Weathermon

User Info Menu

The owners of T-Water should be forced to sell at a reasonable price or clean up this disgraceful area on the beach, which used to be one of the most popular places to stay at with lots of loyal returning guests with an awesome beach bar...
    It's a shame the way it looks today and my heart is aching every time i walk by!

User Info Menu

My first stay was at Sandi Sand in late 80's..............used to walk into town to the bakery she owned and loaded up on the goods. MMMM those were the days ......and the exchange rate was 5 to 1!!!

User Info Menu

To clarify... the renovation was being done at the gift shop building near the beach. The rest of the property looked like it was getting cleaned up/spruced up. I kept meaning to stop by but being on a beach walk & wearing just a bathing suit, I didn't feel appropriately dressed for a tour. I can't wait to see how it looks on my next visit. It always seemed like a nice property as Sandi San in the 80's, before becoming part of Merill's.

Hateswinter... love your name, also share the sentiment... why I moved to FL. I also remember the $5J to $1US exchange.