Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Relax Resort

User Info Menu

Negril Relax Resort

It used to be Merrill's III and then, briefly, I understand, Sandy Sand(?).

Mi Lady and I walked through there last April (2011), it was closed up and pretty run down and in dire need of tons of TLC, not to mention remodeling.

Anyway, we were looking at accommodations for Christmas to New Years and this place was suggested. We decided to book ourselves into the Rondel Village instead and will check out this resort then.

Anyway, what does anyone know about this resort?
    Weathermon

User Info Menu

All I know is that the location is good, the layout is good but I have not seen what the interior is like since it has been taken over.

I have been hearing lots of rumours about the place but I am seeing nothing concrete.

I have 4 days of my trip with no place booked to stay after christmas and I just got a quote for Negril relax resort it was not a fantastic offer but I do not have any up to date pictures and I am still enquiring.

User Info Menu

I could find no up to date pics either. So, we decided to not stay there.

User Info Menu

In 1996 (my first visit) the property was doing business as Sandi San. In the early to mid 2000's there was a change of ownership to Merrill's 3. If memory serves me, the details of the change involved the demise of the woman owner...this has nothing to do with the current ownership. I just wanted to set a timeline.
    Last edited by hoobus; 11-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.

User Info Menu

was Sandi San for year and years.........great location on the beach
    the owner of Merill's(Grandmasion - sp?) leased the place from the lady owner of Sandi San.........
    called it Merill's III......fixed it up a bit and then the lady owner was murdered........
    so the owner of Merill's and his head of security are chief suspects on that death and don't know if it went to trial......
    the son of the owner of Sandi San was the guy that got caught in Orlando airport on an AirJamaica flight with bomb materials in his luggage to evenge his mothers death.........
    son was arrested and sounds like he was mentally unstable to begin with since he was in the Army at one point........
    now it's called the Relax Resort and don't know if they were able to purchase it thru the previous owners estate or what happened......
    that in a nutshell is the timeline or sequence of events of the Sandi San........
    glad someone has it up and running...........great spot on the beach
    now if someone would please buy and fix up T-Water........we'd be all set
    T-Water actually needs a lot more than a fix up.......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'm ready to acquire/renovate T-Water when the current owners are ready to sell at a reasonable price.
    Tom Hudson
    Self-Employed CPA
    Founder, Domaine Hudson wine bar & eatery, Wilmington, DE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hudson View Post
    I'm ready to acquire/renovate T-Water when the current owners are ready to sell at a reasonable price.
    sounds like dem playing da "Price Is Right" game......one of the things that drives mi nuts der

"hey mon how much you want for your place"........and dem say, "how much you want to pay"
    friggin drives mi right up a wall...........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko I sure would like to know whatever became of the legal case over the murder

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    sounds like dem playing da "Price Is Right" game......one of the things that drives mi nuts der

"hey mon how much you want for your place"........and dem say, "how much you want to pay"
    friggin drives mi right up a wall...........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Sounds like buying a car at a "fast track" car store
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I think i know what your saying Tom i have enquired on a few places for sale in negril, and have yet to get a realistic price. Everything seems to be worth millions US there.
    Trip #59 most of February