Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sangster

User Info Menu

Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Re: Sangster

Nice! I really hope it involves some kind of outdoor space. I hate the cold reality and sterility of air conditioning after enjoying and adapting to the weather of Jamaica. The airport in Palm Springs CA comes to mind, get the last bits of sunshine in before returning to Babylon.

User Info Menu

that will be nice, an outdoor theme of some kind would be nice

User Info Menu

used to love the days of stepping off the plane into the balmy area.....those were the days

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMaser View Post
    used to love the days of stepping off the plane into the balmy area.....those were the days
    Oh yeah! When they cracked open the airplane door, the salted humidity hit you and relaxation filled your lungs. I don't miss the bug spray or whatever it was that they used to spray in the aisles before takeoff.

User Info Menu

With the money being spent on Sangster my hope of a international airport being built in Negril are gone. Could have started vacation at least 2 hours earlier with a direct flight to Negril. Its still worth the long ride from Mobay.

User Info Menu

Funny - I still consider the current departure terminal "new". I remember the old configuration with few food options, barely functioning bathrooms tucked in out of the way places, having to haul carry-on luggage upstairs, etc. I would like to see more local food and gift options though.

User Info Menu

Old Sangster was nice in its own ways

Name:  In Coming.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  750.3 KBName:  Mobay Arrival.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  698.9 KBName:  Finally there.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  576.3 KBName:  Welcome to Jamaica.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  673.5 KB

User Info Menu

This was our first trip. 1991.

Name:  arrive.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  1.89 MB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by conway scott View Post
    With the money being spent on Sangster my hope of a international airport being built in Negril are gone. Could have started vacation at least 2 hours earlier with a direct flight to Negril. Its still worth the long ride from Mobay.
    yeah, but then we'd have to listen to the big planes overhead... might as well stay in MoBay!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion