Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Weather first week of January?

User Info Menu

Weather first week of January?

My family and I are coming to Negril on New Years Eve through January 5, 2019. How is the weather at that time of year? I really want it to be hot! Will we be able to swim and snorkel during that time of year?

Thanks for any info

Bonnie

User Info Menu

Re: Weather first week of January?

You can swim and snorkel year round in Jamaica. With the island tucked down under Cuba in the Caribbean sea, the water is always in the 70's-80's (you don't get the large temperature swings like the Bahamas out in the Atlantic ocean). Jan monthly avg is high of 82, low of 72....

User Info Menu

While no one can predict the weather that far in advance, typically you should expect wonderful weather, and yes, expect to enjoy the beautiful Caribbean Sea, no matter if you are swimming or snorkeling.

I find the best snorkeling is in the calm and stillness of the mornings. In the afternoons the winds seem to pick up a bit and the sea has more wave action making underwater visibility a little less than ideal.

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

That makes me happy to hear. Thank you!

User Info Menu

It's going to be hot....hawwt....hawwwwt!!
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

So Hot ... It be lit
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]