Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Coffee

User Info Menu

Coffee

Staying at White Sands Villa and coffee to start the day is a big thing.Hearing they have a coffee maker but its very slow.Are coffee makers readily available at Hi Low or should we pack one to donate.Very important to have coffee for the gang!!How about K-cups,are they available locally if a Keurig were to appear over there? Fresh Jamaican coffee in a Kcup would be awesome!!

User Info Menu

Re: Coffee

There are reusable filters for k-cup type machines. This way you can use whatever type of delicious Jamaican coffee you wish. That's if the machine is available.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You can pick up an affordable coffee maker at several small stores. Foundation Imports on the second level of the Coral Seas Plaza is a good place to start.

I have yet to see kcup makers or kcups for that matter.

I understand the importance of the morning coffee...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Coral Seas Plaza is where I got mine when the one I brought from home finally burned out from the 50 cycle system Jamaica uses...it just burns them out eventually. I'm already seeing the same thing happening to the one I got at the CS Plaza only 2nd year of use..(5 weeks a year I store it there)...so already have one to bring come my '19 reach when it finally stops.

User Info Menu

A lot of rooms in Negril offer a hot pot to boil water, we bring a French press and make coffee that way, it's easy and delicious, if not a little bit messy

User Info Menu

Mi friend......Give Francis a call. Maybe they have a better one for you to use, or do not be surprised if they go out to buy you a new one. When the gang was there in April, I know they asked about a grill to grill up their burgers, and he went out and bought a grill... ( how did they get burgers in Negril....hhhmmmmmm ?????
    Besides, you have much more important things to bring in your luggage, without worrying about a coffee maker !!!!!!

User Info Menu

Run a pot or two of white vinegar mixed 50/50 with water through your machine. Works wonders, we do it every time we come to the island.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!