Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sharing an excursion

User Info Menu

Sharing an excursion

On my next visit I am planning a day trip to Treasure Beach, read so many great things about the place, maybe stop by Pelican Bar if time will allow it. I believe those places are not far from each other but perhaps somebody can correct if I am wrong. I also was thinking about visiting YS Falls. I am travelling solo and will be in Negril for two weeks starting Thanksgiving. Anyone interested in joining me? Or perhaps I could join you?

User Info Menu

I am thinking of a Treasure beach trip when i am there . Always have a hard time getting outa Negril though, I get there on the 23rd.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

I know what you mean last time I was in Negril I didn’t leave town : )
    I will send you a pm you with more information

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by larysa View Post
    On my next visit I am planning a day trip to Treasure Beach, read so many great things about the place, maybe stop by Pelican Bar if time will allow it. I believe those places are not far from each other but perhaps somebody can correct if I am wrong. I also was thinking about visiting YS Falls. I am travelling solo and will be in Negril for two weeks starting Thanksgiving. Anyone interested in joining me? Or perhaps I could join you?
    Pelican Bar (Black River) and Treasure Beach or Pelican Bar and Y.S. Falls would be a nice trip. However, even though it is surely possible, doing all three will require a lot of time and won't allow you to actually chill for a good amount of time and enjoy any of them. Remember also that Y.S. is closed on Monday. At least it used to be so check first.

Perhaps putting a fishing boat tour (not the Swaby Pontoon Boat) up the Black River Morass could be substituted for either the Treasure Beach or Y.S. leg. Since you need a boat anyways to go to Pelican Bar, working out a price for both the trip up the river and a roundtrip to Pelican Bar would be advantageous. The fishing boats are located on the side of the river BEFORE crossing the Iron Bridge.

Just my opinion.

Peace and Guidance.
    Last edited by Accompong; 11-12-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Hiring a boat maybe a good idea, I guess depends on the cost, I will explore that option. I wasn’t planning to do all three in one day, yea that would be too much, I will be there for two weeks so I can do a couple trips. Thank you for that info and suggestions.

User Info Menu

I might be interested in Treasure Beach day trip. I am in Negril 11/25-12/5.

User Info Menu

I am not interested in Black River, but either falls or a Pelican bar or just Treasure Beach, I have been to all of these more than once, built in tourguide.lol
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

@Sam - Great! I am there at the same time. I will research how much it would cost and will send you a pm with more info.
    @Poolguy - I am not interesed in Black River either, my number one on the list is Treasure Beach since I have read so many positive reviews, I have been to Pelican Bar one time, it is such a unique place I wouldn't mind visiting again. Sent you a message