Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Great Shape! Inc. in Negril next week

User Info Menu

Great Shape! Inc. in Negril next week

I had the most absolute pleasure of volunteering with the Great Shape Inc iCARE program this past summer in TCI. The team has returned to Jamaica for their 30th year. They are currently based out of Ocho Rios and will be hitting the Greater Negril area from 10/29-11/2.

Based out of Sandals and Beaches Resorts and supported by the Sandals Foundation (as well as a boat load of other organizations), the Team will travel to some of the more remote areas of Westmoreland to deliver eye care and blood sugar/pressure screenings to communities least able to receive care. The team has been working in Steer Town out of Ochi this week. I will keep you all updated if interested, as this is a huge opportunity for folks to get some new glasses, sunglasses, a few weeks/months of treatment meds, and referrals for care as needed. This is a free opportunity for local people in need of such care.

Folks on the ground, spread the word. I'll post exact locations asap.

ETA: realized that "my" next week isn't really the real "next week".... check the dates above.. they are real
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Re: Great Shape! Inc. in Negril next week

so far, I know that the iCARE group will be at a church in Little London. I'll try to find out which one.

User Info Menu

Re: Great Shape! Inc. in Negril next week

Name:  icare flier.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  66.1 KB