Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for dining out

User Info Menu

Recommendations for dining out

I find myself in Negril (like last year) on my Birthday. I want to go out with a few friends and eat. I am looking for a place preferably on the beach where they have good seafood as a couple of friends are Rastas. Moderate to Moderately High on the price.

All suggestions welcomed and will be looked into.

Thank you.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations for dining out

One of the best lobsters I have had was at Woodstock. Everything is a la carte so it is a bit more expensive than other places but, IMHO very worth while. It is located between Alfred's and Roots.

Name:  IMG_0763.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  1.64 MB
    Last edited by SLP; 10-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    Irie Sue

Administrator

User Info Menu

Little Negril is open at Island Lux. It is further up the beach and their seafood menu is awesome!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

You can check out Skylark, they have some good seafood and veg options.

User Info Menu

rastas eat seafood?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    rastas eat seafood?
    Rastas eat fish...but each Rasta is different in how he interprets his diet according to their Rastafari culture/religion.

User Info Menu

Food and atmosphere at Kuyaba are great. Not sure how many in your group, but if you can sit up top even better. My wife and I spend our birthday’s in Negril every year.
    Happy Birthday!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Rastas eat fish...but each Rasta is different in how he interprets his diet according to their Rastafari culture/religion.
    Most Rastafarians I know here in Negril eat fish but not all fish. Some will not eat river fish and some will not eat fish without scales. My friends do not eat shellfish including lobsters either. Good for me and my pocketbook.

I have Rasta friends in the mountains that don't eat any cooked food at all. It all depends on how strictly they follow the tenets of their Rastafarian religion.

I am curious about The Little Negril and Skylark suggestions. Is Little Negril a sit down at a table with chairs kind of place suitable for a group around a table? I don't see any menus online. What price range are we talking about for a full dinner?

Same question about prices for Skylark and is there a menu for either online? I kind of like the looks and location of Skylark.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Most Rastafarians I know here in Negril eat fish but not all fish. Some will not eat river fish and some will not eat fish without scales. My friends do not eat shellfish including lobsters either. Good for me and my pocketbook.

I have Rasta friends in the mountains that don't eat any cooked food at all. It all depends on how strictly they follow the tenets of their Rastafarian religion.

I am curious about The Little Negril and Skylark suggestions. Is Little Negril a sit down at a table with chairs kind of place suitable for a group around a table? I don't see any menus online. What price range are we talking about for a full dinner?

Same question about prices for Skylark and is there a menu for either online? I kind of like the looks and location of Skylark.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?
    Murphys by the light house was awesome

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    Murphys by the light house was awesome
    Good place and good food but looking for a beach location for a couple of my friends who are from the mountains and don't get to see the beach often. Thanks for the suggestion.