Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamaican farmers call this frost

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaican farmers call this frost

I could have said this is why I love the eastern side of Jamaica or this is why I love the blue mountain's. But when I'm here i spend my time in Portland. Portland by far in my eyes is the most beautiful parish in Jamaica. I have visited every parish on the island and spent many years in Westmoreland so I say this from experience. Just my humble feelings that's all.

User Info Menu

No problem, Cudjoe...I thought you were referring to the video being from Portland...I misunderstood.
    But I hear you...Portland is definitely beautiful...though the last time I was there it was a bit chilly.

User Info Menu

My friends went up to Hollywell National Park in the Blue Mountains last week. They rented the 4 bed cabin ($6000 ja per night for that cabin also have 2 bed cabins) that had a fire place, he said they had to light it that's how cold it gets. They have reported snow on blue mt peak several times it never sticks of course. I have no idea where the video was shot could be St Thomas.
    There is info on the cabins here
    https://www.blueandjohncrowmountains.org/
    The John Crow and Blue Mountain's are a UESCO World heritage site. I can't believe I took over 40 years to visit them.
    Last edited by Cudjoe; 10-27-2018 at 11:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Someone in the video said they were in Mandeville.
    When we've stayed with friends in Mandeville we've used their fireplace...definitely strange at first. I haven't been to Hollywell...but am sure it must be absolutely breathtaking!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Great pic!
    It's very common to see "frost" early in the morning here.
    I only have this one from our yard...most of it's gone, but still in the distance...
    Attachment 51698
    WOW never knew that frost could be in jamaica

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    WOW never knew that frost could be in jamaica
    It's Fog

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave