Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation - WestEnd?

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendation - WestEnd?

Again Marko can't agree more...this past year absolutely everything has new paint...I mean everything!!!...new AC's...new TV's...some new room furniture....new bedding & linens...towels...bathrooms are being updated as mine was this '18 reach....pool & sea lounge chairs...& a ton of money was spent on new sea walls plus the expansion of the sea side sunning/lounging area...all this for a very reasonable rate too...yes I was there during the tenure of the property being least...'07-'17...& the last 2-3 years of that didn't go so well for some..I personally didn't have any issues...but when Ricky took it back late '17 it was been reborn to what it is now & always getting better...less the 90 days before my return...

User Info Menu

Nice photos Marko! Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Thank you for all the recommendations!
    I ended up booking Samsara - Pillar House Oceanfront, the tree house room have me curious and excited!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Careful not to let them nickel and dime you to death. And I wouldn't eat there. I know you've already booked it, but Home Sweet Home is higher on my list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Thank you for all the recommendations!
    I ended up booking Samsara - Pillar House Oceanfront, the tree house room have me curious and excited!
    Pillar houses now have A/C, mini-fridge & coffee makers ~ Enjoy!!!
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Pillar houses now have A/C, mini-fridge & coffee makers ~ Enjoy!!!
    Yes I'm excited! so they didnt have those things before I'm assuming... I gotta have A/C
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Careful not to let them nickel and dime you to death. And I wouldn't eat there. I know you've already booked it, but Home Sweet Home is higher on my list.
    Nickel & Dime such as... and why not eat there?
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Nickel & Dime such as... and why not eat there?
    We stayed in a pillar house years ago. It’s a great choice with the same views as the caves or Rockhouse a lot cheaper. I agree with that comment on food. We did the all-inclusive and it was pretty weak. You could only get a draft beer and red stripe wasn’t even in the all-inclusive then. They are also so many great restaurants Within walking distance or a short cab ride.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Madmolecule View Post
    We stayed in a pillar house years ago. It’s a great choice with the same views as the caves or Rockhouse a lot cheaper. I agree with that comment on food. We did the all-inclusive and it was pretty weak. You could only get a draft beer and red stripe wasn’t even in the all-inclusive then. They are also so many great restaurants Within walking distance or a short cab ride.
    The draft beer at Samsara is Red Stripe...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The draft beer at Samsara is Red Stripe...
    You’re correct. I ment you could not get bottled beer as part of AI. All inclusive was cheap, I just think you can do a lot better. You really can’t go wrong at all the locally sourced restaurants

Site note:Watched the Pittsburgh/Green Bay super bowl years ago across the street with some locals fibo and string bean at a little restaurant on a small tube tv. It was an amazing time.