Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where and When This Year???

User Info Menu

Re: Where and When This Year???

Have so enjoyed our two weeks here, can’t believe we leave in a couple of days. Sunset is a wonderful resort. Kory, Janette and the staff cannot do enough to make your stay here anything but fabulous. Have swam in the sea this week as it calmed down, the fisherman have been out again so an abundance of fresh fish, the red stripe is cold, and the weather is hot hot hot! A few more pics along the way...
    Familiar view Johng?
    Name:  2F380AD2-4FAA-495C-9998-AD5758898D37.jpg
Views: 2177
Size:  10.9 KB
    Diners Delight fried chicken
    Name:  F5A928D6-C603-4C84-8492-8469F1F7EC80.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  20.1 KB
    Diners Delight brown stew fish
    Name:  0383A758-4307-4326-A963-079381FA6F4D.jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  19.7 KB
    Sunset from Lashings RestaurAnt at Lashings Villas
    Name:  E1E49501-B56F-415C-A81B-3F66EB5CBBAA.jpg
Views: 2190
Size:  4.4 KB
    On our way to dinner
    Name:  0204D047-9161-42BD-BCA8-8B2AFE6B1020.jpg
Views: 2239
Size:  19.9 KB
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon, Time flies when you're having fun!!! Very glad to know that you are enjoying your stay in TB and that you are happy at Sunset. Kory and Janette do a wonderful job taking care of their guests and Treasure Beach feels like family everywhere you go. Like you said the vibe like Negril used to be back in the good ole days! Enjoy your last couple of days and please say a big hello to Kory from me. Looking forward to your upcoming trip reports and thanks for all the photos to date. Have fun and be safe!! johng

User Info Menu

Great pictures! Enjoy your last couple days in TB

User Info Menu

Lovely!

I started in Kingston for a week, mostly worked (online) but managed to check out Hope Gardens and zoo one afternoon, really nice, esp Chinese garden.

I had a great two weeks in TB. The breeze kept things cool but also the sea up - we swam in our pool, at Jack Sprat beach and at Great Bay, otherwise just little dips in the waves at Calabash and Frenchmans. We scootered up to Lovers Leap one day, nicer than a few years back, if that is possible.

Our villa was Hummingbird in Old Wharf, absolutely terrific staff and home and the pool had the most beautiful mountain view, quiet but close enough to walk to everything and the beach across the road. Incredible decor and touches (Sally Henzell design).

I moved to Welcoming Vibes for my solo time in between friend-groups and that view is to die for, also a good workout going up the steps. Super nice owner. Spent one night at Golden Sands just because I was attending a live band next door that night and it was convenient. Very basic but locationlocationlocation.

Back to Hummingbird for next group felt like coming home.

We finished with 2 nights in Negril, via Belmont for a swim stop on the beach - always so nice there, one day I will stay a few days.

In Negril we stayed at Boardwalk Village which was the only place we could find in budget with what we wanted and it was quite nice. I'd been before but only for a show/dinner. They have cruise people come for the middle of the day on some days, but we were treated special as hotel guests (beach chairs and umbrellas set up early etc). Great rooms and the location is WAAAYYYY up in the middle of the AIs, but the beach is gorgeous.

We took a beach walk so far we had to take a boat back

Ate up at 3 Dives both nights we were in town, excellent as always.

Managed to meet a few old-time never-met boardies too!

I will write about it/post pictures at some point i hope, as I get time.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great trip Liz!! Was Tattyann your cook at Hummingbird? I thought someone told me she was working there now. Hummingbird looks like a great place - I love Sally Henzell's designs! We usually ride our bikes out that way a few times while there - down to Taino Cove and then take the path around the pond over to Great Bay.

User Info Menu

Yes she sure was! Loved her personally and her cooking too!

We did the same bike ride on the dirt track to GB to swim and hang out at Lobster Pot. Nice easy ride.

User Info Menu

hey_mon, Wishing you and Michael a safe trip home!! I hope that your 2 weeks in TB were awesome and look forward to hearing all about the trip when you get around to writing about it. Take care and be safe! johng

User Info Menu

hey_mon - safe travels!! l

OhLiz - yes, Tattyann is a great person. Her husband Loren is a really nice guy too. We usually run into one or both of them, but did not see either of them this trip. I really like the two track ride. Much easier than going up the hill behind Smurfs and then continuing up to Southview and beyond. I usually have to walk part of that hill. One of these years I will make it (or die trying lol).

User Info Menu

Hey everybody very happy to read about all the positive experiences in Treasure Beach!! It is really a great place with unbelievably nice residents and hosts. It sure has helped getting me through the cold winter we've been having. hey_mon started this thread on November 5th of last year so let's try and keep it alive. Looking for pictures and stories from everybody that has had the opportunity to visit TB!! Thanks johng

User Info Menu

I agree Johng!!! TB is a special place - glad several of us feel the same way. We have already booked for next year - same place, a little later so we can take a few friends out for valentines day. This is a pic from this year of Shantel (great cook) and me at 77 West on Valentines day. I may need advice from some of you guys if we ever decide to go to Port Antonio - I will not give up TB though, it will either be in addition to or another trip.
    .Name:  IMG-20190215-WA0016.jpg
Views: 2036
Size:  64.3 KB