Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where and When This Year???

User Info Menu

Re: Where and When This Year???

hey_mon - we are heading back to TB in February to Villa Du Soleil again for 9 days!!! We will do the ususal - rent bikes for a week and go out exploring every day to get a little exercise after all the food we eat, snorkel in the sea (hoping it is calm enough), daiquiris at the pool, rum punch for sunset on the veranda, dominoe games at night - ahhhh I am chilling out all ready just thinking about it.

User Info Menu

Hey Rumghoul,
    Any chance we overlap? We arrive the 23 of feb and are starting our two weeks at Marblue. We didn’t think we were hitting the island this year, and voila, here we are. Missed out on villa de Sable though. Loved that property last year. Leandy and Duke schooled us at dominoes on a regular basis!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Nope - we do not cross paths again. We go earlier. I like your idea of 2 weeks and spending one in town though - maybe someday we will have to try that. Did they at least let you win a game or two games??? LOL

User Info Menu

Buccaneer villa is pretty cool. We stayed there for 4 night a few years ago. I kind of remember that there was no ac but the fans were great and the setup encourages a healthy air flow. Pool is nice and the rooftop area outstanding. Walk down when you see the fishermen returning and pick up your dinner while it is still moving!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumghoul View Post
    Nope - we do not cross paths again. We go earlier. I like your idea of 2 weeks and spending one in town though - maybe someday we will have to try that. Did they at least let you win a game or two games??? LOL
    We miss you again....one day we will have a cold red stripe and compare Jamaican tales. I highly recommend splitting up your stay, it makes it feel like a whole other vacation, and treasure beach is small enough you are out of one property and into the next with no time lost or effort really. Lyric Villa was nice last year because everything is walking distance from there, pool overlooking the water like soleil.......all the things we like, right! As for Leandy or Duke letting us win any games of dominos.....lol. Not in this lifetime! But they are such great guys, we spent a few nights with them playing dominos and yakking. Great people. Enjoy your stay, and leave us a few cold red stripes please ����
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Buccaneer villa is pretty cool. We stayed there for 4 night a few years ago. I kind of remember that there was no ac but the fans were great and the setup encourages a healthy air flow. Pool is nice and the rooftop area outstanding. Walk down when you see the fishermen returning and pick up your dinner while it is still moving!
    Hey Odinson,

Thanks for the heads up. We are really looking forward to our stay there. We like to mix it up and stay in two or three different places to make it feel like a few different vacations. Hoping to find a few fresh dinners while we are there.......nothing like a fresh caught fish fry! Are you heading back to Tbeach anytime soon? Love the laid back vibe.......takes me back to the early 80s in Negril, which has gotten a little too busy for us these days.
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

We are centered around Negril and will occasionally add on extras like TB or Port Antonio. Our next extra will likely be Kingston but I will have to plan that one out a lot more than the others. Next trip is very soon and our only excursion will be moving from one room at Catcha to another - we've gotten super boring and relish the only chance we have to tune out and deep chill.

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    Hey Odinson,

Thanks for the heads up. We are really looking forward to our stay there. We like to mix it up and stay in two or three different places to make it feel like a few different vacations. Hoping to find a few fresh dinners while we are there.......nothing like a fresh caught fish fry! Are you heading back to Tbeach anytime soon? Love the laid back vibe.......takes me back to the early 80s in Negril, which has gotten a little too busy for us these days.

User Info Menu

We met two couples last year who were staying at Buccaneer and they loved it! We were having a beer at Lennox's beach bar right next to Buccaneer. Hopefully he will be open when you are there

User Info Menu

Headed back to TB for the third time Feb 22, then going to Belmont to stay at Luna Sea for 3 days. We stay at Sunset and couldn't be happier. We stayed in Negril for two night before coming to TB in July, and that was plenty. Looking forward to playing some music with Oneil and McGuyva!

User Info Menu

Hey Tennesseejed, our friends are staying at Sunset so I am sure we will see you down there. We all arrive on the 23rd of February and they are at Sunset and we are at Marblue. Have always been intrigued by the sign Luna Sea as we drive by on our way in and out of Tbeach. Please leave a report or inbox me as to how you find it there. Last time we were in Bluefields area for any amount of time was Ash Wednesday in 1986. We got married in Negril at the Twater hotel and we did a day trip with our small group of 42 to Bluefields Beach for the day as they said it would be super crazy on Negril beach. Our guy set up 2 buses for us and arranged a barbq on the beach, and after we were supposed to go up bamboo alley. Apparently the local police found out a group of crazy Canadian kids were partying on the beach and set up a roadblock to confiscate any apparent contraband, so our driver took us out another way and I never have seen bamboo alley to this day. Always feel it might be vexed!! We must share a red stripe this February!
    ― Bob Marley