Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where and When This Year???

User Info Menu

Re: Where and When This Year???

hey_mon, glad to see that you have kept this thread happinin. All your tid bits of experiences and fun in Treasure Beach are great to read. As far as Bamboo Alley goes it is a beautiful and amazing site to see. If you drive from TB to Appleton Estate you drive right through the Alley. Your story about your wedding trip to Bluefields is a funny one!! I bet you all went through a bunch of Red Stripes and Appleton. Probably a good amount of Overproof too. I understand that you will be staying near Sunset and that your travel friends will be staying there. Ask Kory at Sunset when he is going out fishing as you can't get fresher seafood anywhere than right off the boat than that. They usually catch Mahi Mahi, Kingfish and Wahoo. Also Tuna and sometimes Red Snapper. Eating on his pool deck watching the sunset while dinning and drinking is priceless!! Everybody who reads this post that has been to Treasure Beach please post your 3 favorite photos that you have taken in TB. I'm really looking forward to some great pics to help ward off this Arctic Blast we have here in New England.

User Info Menu

Name:  Frenchman's Bay.JPG
Views: 3192
Size:  337.2 KB
    Name:  View.JPG
Views: 2994
Size:  916.0 KB
    Name:  P1130058.JPG
Views: 1530
Size:  4.09 MB

User Info Menu

Hi hey_mon! Wonder who tipped the cops off about your wedding reception? That's hilarious. My actual name is Drew, we'll be staying in the Mermaid room. I'll likely be the only white guy walking around with a guitar. I'll definitely let you about Luna Sea - it looks amazing. I've only spent half a day in the area, so I'm excited to explore a bit more. Look forward to meeting y'all and having that Red Stripe!

User Info Menu

A few of my favorite TB photos - Name:  20180213_155058.jpg
Views: 1639
Size:  2.82 MBName:  20180211_153950.jpg
Views: 3027
Size:  1.27 MBName:  20160214_180208.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  1.29 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Oops - you wanted three - I gave you four

User Info Menu

Rumghoul, thanks very much for the really cool photos, the more the merrier! Some interesting and colorful fish. As I said to hey_mon unfortunately a trip to Treasure Beach isn't in the cards at the moment so pictures will have to do. Please keep them coming!! Have you ever stayed at Sunset?? If not next time you are down go check it out. It's a pretty nice setup with several different themes to chose from.
    Name:  Treasure Beach.JPG
Views: 3014
Size:  195.3 KB

Name:  Villa.JPG
Views: 2904
Size:  1.06 MB

Name:  Catch of the day.JPG
Views: 3042
Size:  458.8 KB

User Info Menu

Okay, change in plans here, we are staying at.....wait for it Johng..........SUNSET!!!!! Our travel companions cannot make it this year, we are heartbroken as we will not be staying at Buccaneer Villa. Was soooo looking forward to that, however, there is always next year. But now we will stay with Kory and crew for a week so, hey, we are in Tbeach, what is not to love and how can you be sad. Will look for you Drew, sounds like you will be tough to spot..lol. Johng,I will try to send pics daily so a fellow Rasta at heart can feel the golden sunshine, the lush green growth and the red hues at sunset even if from a distance. One day we will share a red stripe on the beach and tales of trips before!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Hi hey_mon sorry to hear about your change in plans and that you won't be staying at Buccaneer Villa this trip. The good news is you will have a great time at Sunset. Kory and his staff will take great care of you and your loved one. We stayed in the Villa Hibiscus which is separated from the main building and has its own kitchen and veranda out front which was nice but all the rooms there are cool. You will love the included breakfasts and their menu has something for everyone's taste especially fresh seafood. The lobster and other fish are right out of the sea. I hope that you enjoy Sunset as much as I did!!

I look forward to your on site reporting and photos!! A cold Red Stripe on the beach and stories about past trips go hand in hand.
    Name:  Sunset.JPG
Views: 2969
Size:  1.14 MB

Name:  pool.JPG
Views: 2998
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  cool.JPG
Views: 2831
Size:  1.03 MB

User Info Menu

Johng - We have never stayed at sunset but have seen the property - looks like a greet property for sure.

hey_mon - too bad but you are right - you are still in TB so whats not to like!

Name:  20160216_162128.jpg
Views: 2888
Size:  1.98 MBName:  20160215_210656.jpg
Views: 2888
Size:  875.4 KBName:  20180214_113306.jpg
Views: 2901
Size:  912.2 KB

User Info Menu

Well now that we have the New Year in hand it looks like we will be on the countdown. We are 7 weeks out.......feels like a lifetime, but past history has proved it flies by pretty quickly. Couple of things to get for the trip, not much. Floatie , some new flip flops, and I think that covers it. Anything else will have to be found in Tbeach!looking forward to sunshine and warmth. We are looking at getting 20 cm of snow today so, a good day to look online for floaties and such!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley