Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where and When This Year???

User Info Menu

Where and When This Year???

So who’s heading back to the best little secret on the island, Treasure Beach? Where are you staying, when are you going.......and go!!!!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Re: Where and When This Year???

hey_mon still waiting on your trip report from Jan-Feb 2018 or did I miss it??? I go to TB every day in my head!!

Name:  Treasure Beach.JPG
Views: 4290
Size:  943.4 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  17C39A74-A3F9-43BB-AFF8-AFE3A7ECA7B4.jpg
Views: 3772
Size:  14.7 KB you never tire of the view down Negril Beach do you......

Name:  AFCC229E-B1ED-48D0-8752-C2144F95D434.jpg
Views: 3849
Size:  16.9 KBVilla de Sable

Name:  F901FE76-D18C-472E-90CC-873808A86CBC.jpg
Views: 3617
Size:  19.4 KBCovered area in front of the villa for those who like shade......

Hahahahaha.......trip reports escape me johng. I can give you a quick recap of last years trip, let me buckle into my time travel capsule in my brain and go back there.....ready? Strapped in? Here we go....arrived in Negril for a quick three night stay at the Grand Pineapple. Cute little boutique style, prices right for us through Expedia when we see a good deal and the food is good and the beer is co.d. They also have a great piece of beach and the location is great, so stayed there for three nights. Weather was hot hot hot and we visited with some old friends from way back, stocked up on a few supplies and headed to Treasure Beach to stay at Villa de Sable in Billy’s Bay. Lovely property with a two bedroom villa, beach front with a pool and a fabulous staff that took such good care of us. We feasted and swam until we ran into a problem with the pool three days in and had to move properties. We had booked the villa through treasure tours and they absolutely outdid themselves here. Because we had to move properties halfway through our first week there they drove us to a few, we decided on Villa Elia just down the road, and stashed there the rest of the week. This place is James Bond material. I swear every morning we were sitting on the patio out front watching the fishing boats or dolphins that Roger Moore was going to climb out of the water, tux and all. This place was over the top beautiful, and treasure tours made up the difference and transferred us over seem.essly, they could not do enough to make sure our stay was better than expected. We walked over for our anniversary dinner to the property next door, 77 West and had a great night with good food, great friends and lots of laughs. Billy’s bay doesn’t have too much to offer in the way of restaurants and such, but that was fine as the cooks at both villas were fabulous. We finished the week at Villa Elia and then moved on to Lyric Villa, which I know for sure has been next to Sunset Resort on the beach side from your time their. Annabelle Todd’s family owns the villa, it was their summer/vacation property and when they are not using it she rents it out. Again, lovely property smack dab on the beach in calabash bay, with a pool and again a staff that keep you well fed and comfortable the whole time. It really is the best of both worlds as the food is delicious, home cooked and the grocery bill at the end of the week is negligible. We went out to eat at Diner Delight for a mouthwatering beef stew with rice and veg for 500 Jamaican, Mello Yellow for again, mouthwatering Italian food with a Jamaican flair, all fresh and again so reasonably priced you pinch yourself when the bill comes. Jack sprats of course for pizza, Smurfs for breakfasts......oh I am getting homesick and hungry just writing this. We did the walk to great bay one day for a beer and a bite at the lobster shack and it was a hot sunny very windy day and the fisherman did not go out, so they were all there slamming back beers and slamming down the dominoes, great day had by all. The wee we were at lyric villa our two boys came down for the week so they got to see the difference between negril and treasure beach, and both agreed they liked treasure beach way more......so much more chill, and I think they got spoiled by the villa life, but if you break it down it just makes more sense financially to do it that way, for us anyways. We also did a boat trip to Pelican Bar, again great day, saw dolphins and were so fortunate to see a manatee and it breached right beside our boat!!! I will try to attach pics, but sometimes am defeated on this site so if I do not please google Villa de Sable and villa Elia and Lyric Villa to get a better idea. The landscape there is changing ever so slightly from year to year but the people remain the same friendly, warm genuine people and we make new friends every year. Makes for some great domino games for sure.......now to land back in current time and see if I can upload some pics for you!
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

More pics...

Villa Elias rooftop patio, great for sunsets and after dinner drinks.
    Name:  32580844-EDD1-4ECA-BC7E-2B68F356C7A0.jpg
Views: 3618
Size:  13.5 KB

Treasure Beach sunsets are all about the colours...
    Name:  4990AA2C-DF5A-4EFB-BEBF-E088EDB8990D.jpg
Views: 3704
Size:  20.1 KB

Did we really stay here?!?!
    Name:  D8B0DD31-6F9B-4BD3-AB9B-D06C094E19A7.jpg
Views: 3603
Size:  18.6 KB

View in the morning
    Name:  8AC42D1C-9383-453F-B0DE-6CEEFC473B7F.jpg
Views: 3711
Size:  17.2 KB

The pool and one of our travelling partners Dave.Name:  C69437C3-375F-4347-9493-AD58E84B4747.jpg
Views: 3873
Size:  19.6 KB
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Lyric Villa pics....
    Our two boys having their pre breakfast swim
    Name:  7930345E-FDD3-48AA-82C9-14FE3B8E7589.jpg
Views: 3618
Size:  15.4 KB

My husband Michael deciding on a Guinness or a Red Stripe...Name:  FD0FF9E5-75B8-4960-959D-A1BB8BFD1C4C.jpg
Views: 3557
Size:  15.7 KB

The view from Lyric Villa towards Great Bay
    Name:  337BCFFB-E259-4126-AA39-4FD710C87026.jpg
Views: 3679
Size:  18.5 KB

Pure contentment...
    Name:  F2778D08-8652-4183-8706-7C92F49C955F.jpg
Views: 3577
Size:  20.2 KB

Domino tournament, Jamaica vs Canada.Name:  AED2A076-AE6F-4C0D-8CEE-64040C784B69.jpg
Views: 3742
Size:  14.8 KB
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

A few pics along the way...

Heading out to dinner one night
    Name:  43FE370F-1E49-4919-842E-62AEBC548017.jpg
Views: 3048
Size:  19.9 KB

Back to reality...☹️
    Name:  C5D91B6E-10DB-467E-B699-9DF9BED5AA3E.jpg
Views: 3021
Size:  19.7 KB

Michael and I with our two boys at Pelican Bar
    Name:  5429B569-7CFE-471E-97C2-A0FE277C3DA7.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  19.9 KB

No explanation needed here..Name:  5C6E8F98-1A9E-407B-A64F-1D268C834147.jpg
Views: 3003
Size:  20.1 KB

Domino game in Great Bay
    Name:  E432E0DE-837B-4C09-AD9F-AF6A46B1DC5F.jpg
Views: 2943
Size:  20.9 KB
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon thanks for the awesome report and photos!! You really have Villa living in grip and as always great reading about your fun and experiences along the way. Although I don't have a trip to JA in the near future planned reading your report and seeing your pics brings me right back to TB!! Really thank you again!!

User Info Menu

Well, life is short, so eat the cake and book the trip!!! We got some incredible deals this year at Mar Blue and the Treasure Beach hotel through Airbnb, so much so that we splurged on Buccaneer villa for 4 nights. It’s good for the soul for me to get down their and unwind, relax, and make some great friends along the way!
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Sounds like you've got it all mapped out. I'm curious as to how you will find the Buccaneer? I wasn't aware that Airbnb had listings in Villas and hotels, thought it was more private homes but what do I know. As far as life is short goes I got you on that but too much going on at the moment in my life that doesn't include Jamaica, sorry to say!! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I was in JA. Hopefully more folks will share their trips to TB as the board has been slim pickens lately. Stay cool and walk good!!

User Info Menu

Airbnb has listings for everything from rooms to villas to the treasure beach hotel, but Buccaneer is not through Airbnb. We actually saw it from the water on our ride back from the pelican bar last year and looked it up. Booked it through the owner directly, so an iOS to see it as well, have only seen it from afar! Will take lots of pics and try to do another mini report when we get back. This year it is no kids just yet, although last year they jumped on board when I found a flight for 600 cdn return and direct from Winnipeg. You never know.....
    ― Bob Marley