Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where and When This Year???

User Info Menu

Re: Where and When This Year???

Hey Ohliz, glad you got it all booked. I get the airport run from Negril being easier, the mountains can prove tricky at times if you get caught up in truck traffic, and the sauce, well, we all have our take home musts!!! Hope we see you around town this trip, so over the minus 40 weather we are getting here!

Rumghoul, one of these years we will be down at the same time. Would be great to meet up and tip a few. It’s always so nice to come on here a month out or so and feel everyone’s excitement!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Ohliz - glad you got it booked! Some year maybe we will all cross paths. For now I am trying to pack - my suitcases seem to be filled with gifts - good thing summer clothes don't take up much room (unlike the layers and layers I have been wearing the last few days - yep hey_mon I too am so over this weather) .

User Info Menu

I'm definitely getting excited. And work is piling on now, as usual. I'll have to bring the laptop. But so it goes.

User Info Menu

Us too - Why is it that you get close to vacation and everyone comes out of the woodwork??? And they need something NOW. We have our own business and it is harder to truly get away - everyone expects you to be connected any more. We take a tablet/laptop combo. I used to like not having internet, but lately we have really needed it so glad Villa Du Soleil has it now. But taking a laptop and doing some work in JA is better than being in the office for sure.

User Info Menu

Owning a business is a blessing and a curse, both, right?

But I've been working on the road for awhile now. I've been travelling for almost a year. But the second half of this JA trip is supposed to be just vacation - or so I had it planned.

Glad for the money, wish the timing was better

I do enjoy taking pics of my desk setups all over the world. There's probably a blog post in that....

User Info Menu

hey_mon you must be down to single digits now. You said you'll be staying at Sunset week 2 in TB. I'll let Kory know to take great care of you while you are there. I keep in touch him quite a bit. What is you and your hubby's first names? Hopefully you will love the place as much as I did. Don't know if you guys are into it but you can go out fishing with Talla out of Sunset and you'll be sure to catch a whole heap of fish and they'll cook it for you at the resort. Lot's of fun!! Please keep us posted on your trip. Thanks and have a safe and wonderful time in Jamaica. John

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    hey_mon you must be down to single digits now. You said you'll be staying at Sunset week 2 in TB. I'll let Kory know to take great care of you while you are there. I keep in touch him quite a bit. What is you and your hubby's first names? Hopefully you will love the place as much as I did. Don't know if you guys are into it but you can go out fishing with Talla out of Sunset and you'll be sure to catch a whole heap of fish and they'll cook it for you at the resort. Lot's of fun!! Please keep us posted on your trip. Thanks and have a safe and wonderful time in Jamaica. John
    Hey johng, we are down to the single digit fidget!! Hubby is Michael and my first name is Monica, hence the hey_mon!!! We have met Kory once I am sure as our friends have been staying there for the past two years, but would appreciate your input for sure!!! Always a blast to go out and catch some dinner, spend the day on the water. Michael went out for a day in Negril a few years back and they brought back some nice skip jacks. Our housekeeper/cook at the villa we were staying in was beyond thrilled when he gave her one. We have our first week at Marblue and then move to Sunset for our second week. Anxious to stay at both, always love meeting new people, making new friends. We have, according to our CBC news here, had the snowiest February in 32 years so am really really really looking forward to leaving the boots behind and enjoying the feeling of the earth under my feet once again! Winters seem to get longer as we get older! Will try to post some pics, keep you up on the Treasure Beach activity in your absence! Stay warm on the board!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon, thanks for your reply and I am happy for you that you will soon be away from Winterpeg and back to Irie Feelings!!! I will definitely give Kory a big heads up for you and Michael. I don't have any knowledge of Marblue but I know that you will dig it at Sunset. As far as the fishing goes Treasure Beach is another well kept secret. Talla is the captain that I went out with and we caught a lot of keepers including Kingfish, Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Barracuda. The cuda I don't care for but the other 3 were awesome. Nice thing off the south coast of Jamaica is that the water is clean and unpolluted and as such the seafood is great eating. Kory is a big fisherman so let him know if you're interested and he'll hook you up for sure. Michael will have a blast and like I said you can have a big fish fest at the hotel after a day on the water. Although you will be busy every day please post whatever pictures you can while you are there!! We don't get the winter like you do but it has been very cold this winter so far so any stories or otherwise will be greatly appreciated. Have fun and be safe. johng

Name:  Boat (Medium).JPG
Views: 2643
Size:  71.1 KB
    Name:  sea (Medium).JPG
Views: 2613
Size:  65.7 KB
    Name:  Talla (Medium).JPG
Views: 2486
Size:  57.5 KB
    Name:  catch (Medium).JPG
Views: 2535
Size:  93.4 KB

User Info Menu

We got home Saturday night - Another great trip to TB!!! We were delayed a day due to ice (luckily it wasn't 2) but all was good. First day there we went on the moving bar - our cook and her husband and a bunch of Canadians (from Thunder Bay) - had a good time. The Canadians tried fishing but only caught one little fish. I hear some days it is pretty good. I have attached a couple pictures - check it out if you are interested. Cannot swim in this pond - there apparently is a crocodile!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Info Menu

Great week to be gone - the weather here in Michigan was snowy, cold and of course ice! I was happy to be in flip flops relaxing instead of chipping ice off drivewayName:  20190215_103453.jpg
Views: 2590
Size:  217.9 KB