Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cheapest way to get from Clarendon to Negril?

User Info Menu

Cheapest way to get from Clarendon to Negril?

I am trying to find out what would be the cheapest way to get from Clarendon (May Pen) to Negril. Or I guess Kingston to Negril would be an option if maybe something left from there.

This is for a friend who doesn't seem to have a clue, because they were first talking about going to Ochi, then catching something else there...then another person chimed in "No, you haffi tek a transfer to Mandeville then get something else from there". So apparently no one is quite sure.

I know someone here knows the way! lol. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by rastagal; 11-12-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

If travelling by route taxi, one would go from May Pen to Mandeville, Mandeville to Sav, an then Sav to Negril.

Another possibility is the South Coast Express which started services this year between Kingston and Negril (with stops at Mandeville, Santa Cruz, Sav). Unfortunately no stop in May Pen, so your friend would have to take route taxi to either Kingston or Mandeville to catch the bus. Rates and schedule are on their website.
    http://southcoast-express.com/rates.html

I think I recall a post several months ago by a boardie to see if anyone had used the service ... I don't think anyone who had actually used the service responded.

User Info Menu

Thanks BCBud! I knew I saw something about the bus a while back but when I googled it I got the Knutsford Express site which is not even doing a Negril route yet...so this is great!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

I'm not sure how accurate this table is so maybe someone can chime in as to if the prices look correct. But if they are this table would come in handy when trying to find out route taxi fares to different areas:

http://ta.org.jm/New_ppv_fares.pdf

User Info Menu

The prices are very low rastagal I heard the new shuttle return to the airport is only something like 6/800 j

User Info Menu

The last time I made the trip I went from Negril, from the transportation centre (beside the cop shop) to Sav (non stop via minibus) again to the transportation centre and then hoped on a bus going "to town", Kingston. I told the drive in Sav where I wanted to be dropped off in Kingston as I was not quite going into town.
    When I returned, I just did it in reverse, got the bus or more like a minibus from Kingston (this time in town) to Sav and then on to Negril. Note that when I got the bus in Kingston it was around 4pm and people around me were saying it was going to be the last one of the day, so I am not sure when the direct bus stops running and route taxis would have to replace.
    I think I paid $750JA for the Kingston to Sav route and for the life of me I can't remember the price from Negril to Save but sure it wasnt much more then $3-500JA. It was a pretty simple journey but hot!! Accident happened about 2 hours into the ride which shut down the motorway in both directions which add 3 hours to the journey while we waited for the road to be cleared.
    T