Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Renting a villa on the beach

User Info Menu

Renting a villa on the beach

Hi All,

For our 2020 trip we are looking a renting a villa on the beach with some other couples. After looking a bit on the web, some of these seem to include the services of a chef, house keeper, etc. This looks pretty inviting to us. Anyone have any experiences with renting a larger villa for a week? Thanks for any help!

User Info Menu

Re: Renting a villa on the beach

White Sands Villa is awesome, great staff to meet all your needs. It is not directly on the beach however, it is across on the garden side.
    For a very spendy option, Idle Awhile. Also, check out Crystal Waters. They have folks that will cook every meal for you.

User Info Menu

Just FYI, There is a large group of boardies that are staying in the WS villa, during Thanksgiving week, so I cannot guarantee that it will still be standing after !!

User Info Menu

Check out Idle Awhile Villas

https://www.idleawhile.com/resorts/the-villas
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

It can be a very enjoyable way to go, My wife and I have done it many times. There will be some logistical challenges when dealing with multiple couples, especially when it comes to dining. We would usually only have 1-2 dinners in the house per week(usually the house cook specialties), but we always had breakfast in the villa and lunch wherever we were at the time. The challenge with others will be dietary restrictions/likes & dislikes etc. If you could plan out some meals in advance that all would enjoy, it would be best.

One of the other challenges is how well each couple gets along each other and how you all get along as a group. if there were to be any petty issues, libation inspired spats or jealousy issues, it can spill over on all the house guests and put a damper on your trip. If there is an over-dominant personality within the group , it also can create a less than healthy environment.

I knew all of this before having others come along on our last bareboat Sailing Charter in the BVI's and fortunately it didn't rear it's ugly head until the 2nd to last day. It could have been worse since you can only get so far away from others on a 50' sailboat lol.

If you are good friends, have mutual interests and genuinely enjoy each other, It can and should be a great time. hope this helps

User Info Menu

I completely agree with Packrat...the chemistry between a large group can make or break the vacation.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all of the input folks. The group that has been looking at this have been to all-inclusives together in the past, as well as doing other activities during the year so I don't see interactions being an issue. Wow! Idle A While seems to be exactly what we are looking for!

User Info Menu

we rented a villa at Rondel one year with my brother and his wife . the villa could sleep alot more but it was nice just the 4 of us. Very nice villa and we would highly reccommend it