Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone stay at Skylark yet?

User Info Menu

Re: anyone stay at Skylark yet?

kwhizz it was loud because you were eating in the bar section. The actual restaurant section opened a couple of days before the new year.

User Info Menu

Hey Shumba! Went to school in Maple Lake! Enjoy your trip!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Jeff View Post
    kwhizz it was loud because you were eating in the bar section. The actual restaurant section opened a couple of days before the new year.
    That's good to know...….But where is the Restaurant section ???

User Info Menu

Very interested in SkyLark - can't wait to read more posts from your trips coming up!
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

We are here��. Understated elegance. We are very pleased. Last few years at Country Country and Treehouse and we like them both but this is definitely a step up. Rooms nicely appointed and the colours are very “Caribbean”. The real treat is the food. It is very, very good. From the fish to the jerk and the breakfast it is all very good. Who even knew that jerk corn coated in coconut was a thing???. It is a must try. Staff friendly and efficient. Top notch. Two small complaints - We really like the vibe of Miss Lily’s and find the dinner time dining area a little bland and lacks a bit in atmosphere and sometimes the music is a bit “new” for us fans of roots reggae. Not really issues and definitely do not diminish our love of the place. If this is on your list I highly recommend giving it a try. I expect it will be in our future rotation.

User Info Menu

Great glad to hear this. Were you able to negotiate your price? Or paid the listed rate of $200/night?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdInNB View Post
    We are here��. Understated elegance. We are very pleased. Last few years at Country Country and Treehouse and we like them both but this is definitely a step up. Rooms nicely appointed and the colours are very “Caribbean”. The real treat is the food. It is very, very good. From the fish to the jerk and the breakfast it is all very good. Who even knew that jerk corn coated in coconut was a thing???. It is a must try. Staff friendly and efficient. Top notch. Two small complaints - We really like the vibe of Miss Lily’s and find the dinner time dining area a little bland and lacks a bit in atmosphere and sometimes the music is a bit “new” for us fans of roots reggae. Not really issues and definitely do not diminish our love of the place. If this is on your list I highly recommend giving it a try. I expect it will be in our future rotation.

User Info Menu

Paid the rack rate from the website. Never considered negotiating a rate in Jamaica. Is it common or only at certain places. Maybe I will try in the future.

User Info Menu

yup you should negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdInNB View Post
    Paid the rack rate from the website. Never considered negotiating a rate in Jamaica. Is it common or only at certain places. Maybe I will try in the future.

User Info Menu

We are here at Skylark now.
    I like the place.
    Nice rooms
    Great food
    Cool staff, very friendly and helpful, but I think some of the wait staff are very new and miss the mark sometimes.
    Bar drinks are inconsistent, and not cheap.
    There is also an odd (for me) mix of guests. Lots of the wealthy entitled crowd, and a decidedly hipster crowd...ugh
    Not a real friendly group
    I feel very out of place, but I am enjoying everything as I always do.
    Next year, somewhere else.