Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Firsts

User Info Menu

Cool Firsts

Leaving in 15 days.....Yay! I've been coming to Jamaica since 2004, and there's always something new (or old) to try. Believe it or not, I've never done a catamaran cruise so that's on the agenda this trip.
    I've also never been in December since I always try to go during the brutal parts of the winters in MN, so that will also be a first for me.
    What is December like in Negril? Lots of people? Quiet?
    Also, give me your thoughts on which catamaran cruise to go on. Prefer to do a sunset cruise if possible.
    And who else still has firsts they have yet to do?
    I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm bored at work and dreaming of vacation! And my boss is gone......

User Info Menu

Re: Firsts

I prefer the Ya Mon Red Stripe Cat cruise because it’s a little smaller, and the crew is great. I think all cat cruises are at sunset.
    Ive been coming to Negril since the 80’s. What I have yet to do is Zimbali, and stay for anything longer than 2 weeks!

User Info Menu

We have never been to Booby Cay. Your thoughts?

User Info Menu

Farmer,
    We actually did the Booby Cay trip last year. We arranged it with Captain Raymond so he picked us up at Travellers along with some other people. Stopped at the pier to pick up some cold Red Stripe along with some teasing of Famous Vincent who was also there and then hit the reef for some snorkeling. Ok, I didn't snorkel since I don't swim. I know, I know....how can that be when you're from the land of 10,000 lakes and frogponds?! (Long story)
    Anyway, don't knock staying on the boat and doing shots of overproof with the mate!!
    Afterwards, we landed the SS Minnow at Booby Cay and Raymond cooked up some wicked lobster and chicken for those we didn't want seafood. We hung out on the island and did some exploring since the rest of the island is pretty thick with trees and brush.
    We were there for a couple of hours and it was a great time. (Just hide your eyes when you go by Hedo and the naked kayakers!)

User Info Menu

I've been leaning toward the YaMon cruise also so good to know.
    Zimbali is on my list also, just not this trip.

I just realized another first....
    I have never been to the Saturday party at Seastar. What's a good time to show up?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    I've been leaning toward the YaMon cruise also so good to know.
    Zimbali is on my list also, just not this trip.

I just realized another first....
    I have never been to the Saturday party at Seastar. What's a good time to show up?
    Well they send a van to pick you up. If you want the Buffet, 6pm pickup works. If you just want the show, then 8pm will do....

User Info Menu

Maralunatic we have 15 days too. Travellers here we come. We have not done Zimbali and are going this year. Can't wait. Love the Yah Mon cruise. Gonna do that again.

User Info Menu

Kittymommy,
    We'll be at Travellers on the 3rd, so maybe we can meet up!