Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosquitoes

User Info Menu

Mosquitoes

Are the mosquitoes bad in late November and early December? Thank you in advance for all replies.

User Info Menu

Prepare for mosquitos. They were out and about when we were there last week. They particularly like Negril Addicts!

User Info Menu

The mosquitoes in Negril love the fresh blood! Seems some people react badly to the bites, while the mosquitos don't seem to bother the local residents nearly as much. Remember the Great Morass behind Negril is a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. A repellent for the after sunset time would be a good idea.

User Info Menu

If you know your hotel/resort does not supply mosquito nets over the bed(s), you might consider bringing one with you. You can buy one for less than $10.00 on ebay and they are easy to hang

User Info Menu

They are around. I am much happier staying in a place with window screens - no bites!!

User Info Menu

I am one of those that react badly to the bites - they swell right up and God forbid I happen to scratch one - the itching will not stop. One November I had so many bites on my lower legs, I could not shave them. (and I was wearing bug spray)

I still bring bug spray with me and ALWAYS bring Bendryl spray to use after I get a bite.
    Name:  benadryl-itch-spray.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  58.1 KB

this product stops the itch instantly and I find it works better than 'Afterbite'. It comes in a stick form and a cream also.
    http://www.benadryl.ca/topical/itch-stick
    [url=http://www.ticker.7910.org/eng]

The 1st time you travel to Negril, for the rest of your life, Negril travels with you.
    (taken from realnegril.com/beingees - Graffiti #13)

User Info Menu

Maybe if someone stays on the cliffs, the mosquitos aren't as big of a problem, for those that react severely to the bites.

User Info Menu

I have noticed that local people wear long pants and long sleeve shirts at night

User Info Menu

early morning and early evening are the times I find are when they are at their hungriest. They sure do itch and I spray myself to try to avoid them. I'll have to check out that itch cream Tawnee thanks for the referral.

User Info Menu

if you look close you can see little "numbers on thier sides", along with human outlines with x's through them.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning